First Aid At Work Refresher HSE in Bracknell, Berkshire
Introdicing the HSE Approved Fist Aid at Work Refresher Qualification
The First Aid at Work Refresher qualification will update and re-qualify employees up to the standard required by the Health and Safety Executive for the purpose of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Why Book a British Red Cross First Aid Course via Envico?
All public First Aid at Work Refresher training courses listed on this website are delivered by the British Red Cross. The British Red Cross is a volunteer-led humanitarian organisation that helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. They are the one of the worlds leading first aid training organisations delivering first aid courses of the highest quality and standard to some of the worlds leading organisations.
Envico provide access to the British Red Cross public course schedule which provides our clients with the largest choice of course locations and dates. Booking a first aid course via Envico helps the British Red Cross to fund their worldwide humanitarian activities.
Is the First Aid at Work Refresher Course Recognised by the HSE?
What is the Duration of the First Aid at Work Refresher Course?
- Two Days
What Will the First Aid Refresher Course Teach Me?
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills from the First Aid At Work manual. These topics include:
- The Aims and Priorities of First Aid
- Burns and ScaldsLaws and Regulations
- Protection From Infection
- Infectious Diseases
- Recognition of Illness
- Site Survey
- Transport of Casualties
- Basic Life Support
- Miscellaneous Conditions
- Burns and Scalds
- Casualty Examination
- Head Injuries
- Chain of Survival
- Communication and Delegation Compression
- Stroke Legal framework
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Record Keeping
- Bone, Joint and Muscle injuries
- Electric Shock
- Unconscious Casualties
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Smoke, Gas and Chemicals
- Recovery Position
- Heart Attack
- Crush Injuries
- Effects of Heat and Cold
- Spinal Injuries
- Important Information
Are There Any Prerequisites to Attend the Course?
- Yes. Candidates must hold a valid HSE First Aid At Work certificate and will be required to fax a copy of the certificate to ENVICO after booking confirmation. Please note: the HSE allow 28-days grace for individuals whos certificates have already expired.
How Will the First Aid Training Be Assessed?
- On completion of the course, candidates will be assessed in practical and theory aspects of First Aid to the Health and Safety Executive Approved standard. Successful completion of the assessment will result in the award of a ‘First Aid At Work’ certificate approved by the Health and Safety Executive.
How Long Is the First Aid Certificate Valid For?
- This certificate will be valid for three years and should be renewed by attending a two-day refresher course before the expiry date of the certificate. Attendance on a three day First Aid At Work course will be compulsory if validity has lapsed. Certificates are issued by the British Red Cross a couple of weeks after the completion date of this course.
Do You Offer a More Basic First Aid Course?
- Yes. If you're looking for a more basic level of first aid training please view the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification. The course is just one day in duration and will teach attendees the basics of first aid in the workplace.
On-Site First Aid at Work Refresher Course at Your Premises
If you have a group of individuals requiring the HSE approved First Aid at Work Refresher training, we can arrange to deliver the course on-site or at you premises. The maximum number of delegate per instructor is twelve, however if you have more delegates requiring the training and your venue is suitable we can provide additional instructors on the same day, alternatively at a later date.
Make an enquiry for the On Site First Aid at Work Refresher course to be held at a venue of your choice.
Please note: on-site first aid at work refresher courses will not be delivered by the British Red Cross, however the courses are delivered by one of the UK's leading independent HSE Approved first aid training organisations.
Future Course Dates
Available future course dates:
First Aid At Work Refresher HSE
28 February 2012 - 29 February 2012
09:00:00 - 17:00:00
Cost Per Delegate.
Registration Closes On...
28 February 2012
Call us on 0844 576 6750
If you have more than 3 delegates then ENVICO's in-house training option could save you money.Course Fixed Cost.