The IEMA Certificate in General Management e-learning course covers all the areas of knowledge an individual requires to become an Associate IEMA member. It is designed to raise the professional competence of environmental practitioners, covering environmental sustainability, assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance and environmental legislation.
What Does the Course Include?
The IEMA Certificate in General Management e-learning course includes access to multimedia for 6 months comprehensive course materials, assessment, Certificate and tutor support.
This online IEMA Certificate in General Management course is led by a chartered Environmentalist who has worked with the in-house e-learning team: Instructional Designer and Multimedia Developers.
Attendees Will Learn
- Appreciate how global and local environmental issues evolve, and identify why and how they can be incorporated into the management of an organisation.
- Understand in general terms the impacts of societal activities on the earth’s natural systems.
- Outline practical ways in which an organisation can reduce its impacts, both strategically and operationally.
- Understand inter-relationships of the environmental, economic, social and ethical aspects of sustainability.
- Understand in general terms the structure of the regulatory process.
- Determine the key environmental legislation, agreements and initiatives relating to an organisation and their relevance to operations.
- Instigate management controls to ensure that operations do not pollute and compliance is maintained.
- Design and implement processes for the assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance.
Qualification and Certification
Successful completion of the course leads to Associate Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management (IEMA).There is a single examination which is divided into papers 1 and 2. Course attendees are advised to sit paper 1 at the end of module 7 and paper 2 at the end of module 14, i.e. the final module.
This IEMA Certificate in General Management e-learning course is designed to take you through the course step by step utilising engaging interactive learning materials, animations, activities, quizzes, case studies and scenarios, supplemented by comprehensive course notes (which can be downloaded and printed if required) and links to useful sites and other resources.
Start Studying at Any Time
Flexibility and 24/7 access – start at any time and work at your own pace at a time and place that suits you.
Collaboration with Professionals
Unlimited support – email and discussion forum support by fully qualified environmental tutors.
Progress and practice – multiple-choice/essay style practice exam questions with guided tutor answers to prepare you for the exam.
The exam is conducted online and therefore attendees can sit the examination in the comfort of their own home or workplace – please enquire for further information.
IEMA membership for the first year is included in the course fees.
The IEMA Certificate in General Management course is also available in a classroom setting.
If you would like to study further we recommend the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma. All delegates attending the NEBOSH environmental training course must have previously attended the IEMA Associate Certificate as the training course builds on the IEMA training.