IOSH Food Safety Foundation in Catering E-learning is essential for any food business that aims to create and encourage a food safety culture. it is a legal requirement for staff involved in food handling to be adequately trained and supervised in line with their work activity.
This highly interactive and engaging online Food Safety Foundation course is IOSH accredited, meets the UK / EU Legal requirements and is compatible with the relevant Level 2 syllabuses.
Introduction to Food Safety
- Food Safety and Why It Is Important
The Law and Food Safety
- Food Businesses and Food Handlers
- Reporting, Record Keeping and Training
- Understanding the Principles of Hazard and Risk
Food Safety Hazards and Risks
- Hazards and Risk
- Food Safety Hazards, Their Sources and Effects
- Understanding Bacteria
- How Food Safety Risks Arise
Risk Control – Temperature, Preservation and Storage
- Temperature Control
- Refrigeration, Chilling and Cold Holding
- Cooking, Hot Holding and Re-Heating
- Food Preservation
Risk Control – People, Places and Pests
- Food Handlers and Personal Hygiene
- Work Areas
- Food Premises and Equipment
- Pest Control
IOSH Food Safety Certificate
Successful completion results in the award of an IOSH Food Safety Foundation in Catering certificate
- New starters
- Any worker engaged in handling food
Course Delivery Method
Minimum PC Requirements
- Internet Explorer v6 and Flash v8 or higher.
- It is also necessary to remove the Google toolbar
- Please note this course is compatible with MAC computers.