NEBOSH Diploma Distance Learning Course
The NEBOSH Diploma Distance Learning is the UK’s premier qualification specifically designed for health and safety professionals.
The NEBOSH training course is intended for people that want to forge a career in health and safety – for example as a health and safety advisor, manager or consultant. It is also provides a basis for progressing to postgraduate study.
Many UK universities offer MSc programmes that accept the NEBOSH National Diploma as a full or partial entry requirement. The course builds directly on the foundation knowledge gained in the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or the NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Health and Safety.
Graduate Membership of IOSH (Grad IOSH)
The qualification meets the academic requirements for Graduate Membership (Grad IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).Attain Chartered Safety Practitioner Status (CMIOSH)
With further experience and professional development, Chartered Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH) status can then be attained. The NEBOSH Diploma training is also accepted by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as meeting the academic requirements for full membership (MIIRSM).
Holders of the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification may use the designatory letters “DipNEBOSH” after their name. The qualification is accredited at Level 6 within the National Qualification Framework. Students can study in their own time at their own pace.
The course is split into 3 separate units with taught content:
- Unit A – Managing Health and Safety
- Unit B – Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
- Unit C – Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
- Unit D – an assignment that tests practical application of the knowledge gained in all units.
All NEBOSH Diploma Distance Learning course materials required are provided. The course is designed to be extremely flexible, and can be modified to suit any kind of learner. The course is intended to bridge the gap between traditional distance learning and e-learning. For people who do not want to use computers or the internet so much, the NEBOSH National Diploma training course can be conducted as a traditional distance learning course by using textbooks, written assignments and telephone support. However, for people that want to embrace the internet as a learning medium, a huge variety of extra support methods are available:
- Lists of website links to further reading and related online articles and documents
- A Facebook Group especially for Distance Learners – the intention is to promote discussion and contact between learners so that experiences and knowledge can be shared.
- A Youtube channel including video clips, video presentations etc. to support learning.
- Podcasts which can be downloaded and used for revision when traveling or listening to an mp3 player etc.
- Email and Skype support from expert tutors, including regular “Skype Surgeries” where tutors will be online at regular advertised times to discuss particular topics
Tutors will be available to support students through their studies. The tutorial team includes:
- A tutor who has achieved distinctions in 4 NEBOSH awards (including NEBOSH National Diploma) and a health and safety MSc – all by distance learning
- NEBOSH examiners (including a former NEBOSH Principal Examiner)
- A tutor who has presented on health and safety to the House of Commons, been interviewed for the Times newspaper and Radio 4, is completing her PhD and publishing a book
- Expert health and safety consultants, who have experience of implementing health and safety every day with clients in addition to delivering NEBOSH training courses and providing distance learning support
Support is provided 12 hours a day, 7 days per week. Contact with tutors can be by telephone, fax, email or skype. Your support is provided until such time as you pass the NEBOSH National Diploma Distance Learning course – it will not expire after a set time period.
You will be required to complete a study planner so that your progress can be tracked towards your final exams. The NEBOSH National Diploma Distance Learning training course materials include regular revision questions and activities so that you can test your own progress, and these can be discussed with tutors at any time.
There are also several Tutor Marked Assignments (TMA’s), which are submitted for marking and individual feedback on performance.
Each taught Unit is assessed by a written 3 hour exam. Exams are on national NEBOSH dates which can be advised on application.
NEBOSH Exams are Held at the Following Venues
Please note: we are also able to arrange exams in major cities all over the world at British Council venues, however this is subject to extra charges. Please contact us for further information on this service.
Unit D is a practical assessment that involves a full health and safety review of a company of your choice (ideally your own). Submission dates for the Unit D assessment are available on application.
The full NEBOSH National Diploma Distance Learning training course price includes all materials and unlimited support. Individual units can be purchased for £135 + VAT per Unit (Units A, B and C) or £99 + VAT for Unit D. Unit A, B and C prices include the relevant revision workshop.
Examination fees are £504 + VAT for the full course. This is made up of 3 written exams which are £135+VAT each, and £99 +VAT for Unit D practical. There is also a £60 enrolment fee payable to NEBOSH.
Alternative Study Options
Significant discounts can be offered if organisation’s have several people to put through the course. We able to offer revision workshops and/or exams on your premises if required. Please contact us for a tailored quotation.