CITB SMSTS Refresher Plymouth, 14 June 2017
Future Course Dates
Available future course dates:
- Course Type
- Qualification Title
- CITB SMSTS Refresher
- Training Provider Rating
- Plymouth, Devon, PL6 7SG
- Event Date
- 14 June 2017 - 15 June 2017
9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Cost Per Person
- £315.00 + VAT
- Parking Data
- Lunch Included
- Refreshments Included
- Maximum Spaces Available
- Registration Closes On
- 14 June 2017
NOTE: All bookings must be made online
CALL US ON 0844 576 6750
If you have more than 6 delegates then Envico®'s in-house training option could save you money.
- Course Fixed Cost
- £1,500.00 + VAT
- Extra Cost Per Delegate
- £175.00 + VAT
CALL US ON 0844 576 6750
The CITB SMSTS Refresher course in Plymouth, Devon on the 14 June 2017 is aimed towards individuals who hold a current SMSTS certificate and wish to renew their qualification for another five years.
The training is designed to ensure that personnel maintain and up-date their current health and safety knowledge. The refresher course covers changes to legislation, approved codes of practice and best working practice within the industry.
Individuals wishing to renew their SMSTS certificate must provide a copy of the original five-day course certificate. Details of the course venue and the date of the course should also be provided if known. Only those individuals who have passed the five day course and provided evidence of this will be eligible to take the two day refresher course.
Objectives of the Refresher Training
Upon completion of this SMSTS Refresher training in Plymouth on the 14 June 2017, candidates will be able to:
- Appreciate recent developments in construction legislation accident causes, costs and reasons for prevention
- Understand the legal system, relevant legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes Codes of Practice and Case Law
- Conduct risk assessments
- Monitor health and safety performance
- Understand best practice in the management of sub-contractors
- Disseminate information to operatives and sub-contractors.
Plymouth SMSTS Refresher Course Content
- Introduction to Health and Safety Management
- Managing Health and Safety
- Responsibilities of Supervisors and Managers
- Measuring and Auditing health and safety performance
- Control of hazards and risks
- 2 days
Assessment is determined by reaching a minimum level of achievement against four criteria:
- Full attendance of all training course sessions
- Performance in each of the four core exercises
- An overall review by the course tutor
- A pass mark in the 50 question multi-choice paper
Will I be Issued with a New CITB SMSTS Certificate?
Yes. Successful candidates will be awarded the Site Safety Plus CITB Construction Site Management Safety Training Certificate (SMSTS). This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
The two day SMSTS refresher course will enable current certificate holders to renew their qualification, however this course can only be attended by current and valid CITB SMSTS certificate holders. In the event the certificate has expired they will be required to attend the full five day course again.
All SMSTS certificates issued after 1st January 2001 are valid for a five year period from the date of issue.
Most two day SMSTS Refresher courses listed on our website include CITB publications, however some do not and therefore in some cases additional publication costs may apply. Please check with one of our representatives prior to booking.
Training Provider Data and Performance Statistics
- CITB Construction Skills
Course Cancellation Statistics
Training provider course cancellation statistics are a key element to consider when booking your course. The UK's top 10 health and safety training providers typically cancel less than 10% of their public scheduled courses. Providers with higher cancellation rates are more likely to cancel. Below we have provided statistics for this provider.
Training Provider Cancellation Rate: 4% (6 cancelled out of 137 total courses)
"Very Good Course"