What is the NVQ Level 2 Diploma Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations – Painter?
The aim of this Level 2 Diploma Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations – Painter course is to provide painters and finishers with the skills they need to work well in the construction industry. Once they’ve finished the course, learners will be able to demonstrate to employers that they’re able to competently paint and perform all of the associated duties to the standard the industry requires. The NVQ is a powerful means of providing this demonstration, as it’s recognised more widely than perhaps any other qualification.
Who is the NVQ For?
This NVQ Level 2 in Decorative Finishing and Painting course is geared toward painters looking to obtain a Blue CSCS Card or a Skilled Worker Card. Learners will also need to be over the age of sixteen.
Decorative Finishing & Painting Course Content
An NVQ is structured in such a way as to provide a broad base of knowledge general to the construction industry, as well as a more in-depth exploration of a given specialisation. This course is no different. Learners will complete six mandatory modules, titled as follows:
- Storing, Moving and Handling Resources in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Safety, Health and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Surface Preparation for Painting and Decorating in the Workplace
- Dismantling and Erecting Working/Access Platforms in the Workplace.
- The Application of Paint Systems by Roller or Brush in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace.
The following eight modules are optional, and will not contribute toward your minimum credit requirement:
- Hanging standard wallpaper
- Applying coatings by the air spray method
- Installing decorative mouldings and coving
- Producing broken colour-work
- Hanging wide-width vinyls
- Applying and producing complex stencil designs
- Applying coatings to produce textured finishes
- Producing stencil designs using pre-cut stencil plates