About PASMA Training Courses
Founded in 1974, the Prefabricated Access Suppliers’ and Manufacturers’ Association (PASMA), is the recognised focus and authority for mobile access towers. PASMA has tower information, the facts and expertise to impart at a level to suit everyone – from first time users to major contractors.
PASMA Fulfils a Number of Distinct Roles
Working in collaboration with other trade and professional bodies, industry regulators and key decision makers, PASMA fulfils a number of distinct roles, which includes:
- Providing and governing the industry standard training scheme for mobile access towers and delivering proficiency and competence as required by the Work at Height Regulations. For many, the PASMA certificate and ID card are the only acceptable proof of competence.
- Acting as a single, central source of information on all aspects of mobile access towers. DVDs, pocket cards, guidance notes and posters provide a wealth of information, as does the PASMA Code of Practice, the definitive reference for users, their supervisors and managers.
- Sponsoring research, innovation and best practice. Most, if not all, the training and technical advances in towers and tower use have involved PASMA and its various specialist committees. These are made up of experts who know and understand towers and speak the language.
- Helping to set the standard. PASMA is an important contributor to the development and enhancement of standards governing the construction, use, inspection and maintenance of mobile access towers – not just nationally but internationally. The association works closely with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), and other organisations, including Access & Scaffold Industry Association (ASIA), Hire Association Europe (HAE) and is a member of the Access Industry Forum (AIF).
- Playing a major part in promoting mobile access towers for temporary work at height – not just in construction and building maintenance, but in facilities management, the local government sector and retail. Taking part in conferences, seminars and workshops is an essential part of the association’s educational remit.
A PASMA Certificate and Photo Card will be issued to successful delegates who complete the theory and practical assessment sessions at the level they attend the course, which has a five year validity period.
Please note that PASMA have stopped sending certificates in the post as of 1st January 2022. They will continue to send out the PASMA cards which show the certificate number. You will now receive a virtual training certificate after your PASMA course instead of a hard copy. The virtual PASMA certificate can be shared and stored more easily. It is available once you receive your PASMA card, this is accessed through the check a card tool.
Content Other Students Find Interesting
- Working at height training courses
- IPAF Training
- Ladder Association Training
- Working at Height, Regs, Equipment, Measures to Prevent Falls
- Working at heights; employers responsibilities
- Tips for staying safe while working at height
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Mobile tower access training
- Rope access training
Available PASMA Training Courses
PASMA are committed to the highest standards of practice and operate the industry standard training scheme which trains thousands of delegates each year through a select network of approved training centres. All PASMA training centres are audited annually to ensure that they continue to meet the stringent standard set by PASMA.
In addition to the renowned PASMA Towers for Users course, the association also delivers a range of specialist courses. These PASMA training courses enjoy an enviable reputation amongst management and health and safety practitioners, who seek objective proof of competence for staff engaged in the assembly, use, inspection and dismantling of towers.