Find NEBOSH Courses Near Me
In Person and Online NEBOSH Health and Safety Courses
If you’re looking for a NEBOSH course near you, you’ve come to the right place. Most NEBOSH health and safety courses are available in multiple learning formats. The most popular study method is ‘in person’ (classroom). In person NEBOSH courses are scheduled regularly and they are available in most major towns and cities throughout the UK. Some NEBOSH courses however can be studied in any of the four learning formats listed below:
- In Person (classroom)
- Online (instructor-led) using video technology e.g. Zoom
- Distance Learning
Not all NEBOSH training courses are available in all four learning formats. To help you to determine the most suitable learning format for your needs, we provide tabs at the top of each NEBOSH course description page. Take a look at the NEBOSH General Certificate course description page, you can toggle between tabs for more information.
What is a NEBOSH Course and Why it is Important?
Founded in 1979, NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) is the national examination body responsible for vocational health and safety courses. The organisation manages qualifications, although it does not directly deliver them. NEBOSH courses are delivered by a range of institutions, including educational establishments and privately run training firms. Bodies delivering the training courses must gain accreditation from the examination board in order to deliver them. The range of qualifications available is broad and the organisation offers three levels of qualification; Awards, Certificates and Diplomas.
NEBOSH Award Level Qualifications
- NEBOSH Award in Health & Safety at Work – This basic level qualification is suitable for employees at any level within a company, while the certificate is more suited to managers and supervisors; the diploma level is more in-depth and suited to managers or those with specific safety roles.
- NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation – This NEBOSH Accident Investigation qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively.
- NEBOSH Working with Wellbeing – Targeted at employees from all sectors who need to gain an understanding of the management of health and well-being at work.
- NEBOSH HSE in the Process Industries – Ideal for process operators, technicians, team leaders, supervisors and others with a need to have a good understanding of health, safety and environment issues in process industries.
NEBOSH Certificate Level Qualifications
Most NEBOSH training providers offer a range of ‘certificate’ level qualifications in the topics of environmental management, construction health and safety, fire safety and general workplace occupational health and safety. NEBOSH certificate level qualifications are valuable to all employees and employers, and are recognised nationally (and in some cases, internationally) as setting industry standards for safety and risk management across a whole range of industries. For small firms who lack resources and expertise in the area of health and safety, these certificate level qualifications offer a simple, established route to ensuring that your employees are working safely and within required legislative standards.
There is a range of options for health and safety training at the certificate level and these offer a comprehensive set of qualifications for managers and other responsible people. They can be crucial in understanding the basic legal requirements around the legislation, but also are designed to create positive attitudes and work practices.
NEBOSH Certificate level qualifications fall into a number of categories
- NEBOSH General Certificate and NEBOSH International General Certificate course covering general safety in the workplace and managing health and safety.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate for those working in the construction industry.
- NEBOSH Oil & Gas Certificate for those working offshore in the oil and gas sector
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate for those with environmental responsibilities.
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate for those with responsibilities for fire safety and risk management.
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management – Developed by NEBOSH in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) – the UK’s Health & Safety Regulator, this course is suitable for people all around the world who work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals.
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence is a new, one-day qualification to help leaders better influence health and safety performance.
NEBOSH Diploma Level Qualifications (National & International)
NEBOSH Diploma level qualifications are aimed at professionals who work within the health and safety field itself. Diplomas are currently offered with a National or International option and include: