BIIAB Award for Personal License Holders Course Carlisle, 06 March 2014
Future Course Dates
Available future course dates:
- Course Type
- Qualification Title
- BIIAB Award for Personal License Holders
- Carlisle, Cumbria, CA4 OHS
- Event Date
- 06 March 2014 - 06 March 2014
9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Cost Per Person
- £150.00 + VAT
- Parking Data
- Lunch Included
- Refreshments Included
- Maximum Spaces Available
- Registration Closes On
- 06 March 2014
NOTE: All bookings must be made online
CALL US ON 0844 576 6750
If you have more than 30 delegates then Envico®'s in-house training option could save you money.
- Course Fixed Cost
- £595.00 + VAT
- Extra Cost Per Delegate
- £55.00 + VAT
CALL US ON 0844 576 6750
Award for Personal Licence Holders by BIIAB
The Licensing Act 2003 legislation that was implemented by the Government on November 24th requires that everybody who has the responsibility of selling alcohol, or authorises others to sell alcohol, to the public in England & Wales has to have a Personal Licence that is issued by the Licensing Authority of your Local Council.
In order to obtain the licence you have to pass an accredited examination that is accepted by the Secretary of State. This is known as the National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (APLH).
One day BIIAB Award for Personal License Holders training courses satisfy the requirement for those wishing to apply for a personal licence and it is available at locations throughout England & Wales on a regular basis.
What Do APLH Training Courses Cover?
By the end of the BIIAB Award for Personal License Holders course programme delivered in Carlisle on the 06 March 2014 you will:
- Understand the nature, purpose, validity and application process for a personal licence.
- Be able to outline the procedures for application for a personal licence and legal duties of an applicant, with regard to relevant offences.
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives.
- Understand the duties of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the relevant law.
- State relevant law on unauthorised licensable activities and the penalties for breach.
- State relevant law related to the premises licence and define the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor.
- State relevant law and define the content and purpose of operating schedules.
- Understand the law in relation to permitted temporary licensable activities.
- State police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises.
- State relevant law in relation to rights of entry to licensed premises.
- State specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol.
- Define the nature of alcohol, the supply of alcohol and the effects of alcohol on the human body and identify the strengths of alcoholic drinks.
- Understand the duties and social responsibilities of personal licence holders in relation to the prevention of disorderly conduct on licensed premises.
- Understand the law and the consequences of breach in relation to the protection of children and the role and responsibilities of the personal licence holder.
Assessment for the qualification is a 2 part, 40 question multi choice examination, with 40 minutes allowed for completion.
Passing the Training Course
We recognise that this may be the first examination that delegates have taken for many years and have tailored the delivery to take the fear out of the examination, inject fun into the learning and coach candidates in how to best approach the examination.
Because of this unique approach the course providers have one of the highest success rates in the country for people taking this licencing qualification. All instructors have significant experience of the licensed trade and of delivering APLH training courses.
The course normally starts at 9.15 a.m. with the examination starting at 4.15 p.m.
Please note: For Award for Personal License Holders training courses booked less than 7 days prior to the commencement date of the course, there will be a £10 + VAT surcharge. There are no hidden extras.
Training Provider Data and Performance Statistics
- BIIAB (British Institute of Innkeeping Awarding Body)
Course Cancellation Statistics
Envico® believe training provider course cancellation statistics are a key element to consider when booking your course. The UK's top 10 health and safety training providers typically cancel less than 10% of their public scheduled courses. Providers with higher cancellation rates are more likely to cancel. Below we have provided statistics for this provider.
Training Provider Cancellation Rate: 1% (22 cancelled out of 3103 total courses)