Renew Your SPA Petrol Passport for Retail Petrol
The purpose of the SPA Petrol Passport Renewal course is to allow you to recognise hazards, utilise control measures and safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment.
You must hold a current full SPA Petrol Retail Safety Passport which is within 6 months before the expiry date.
What’s Included in the SPA Petrol Passport Renewal Course?
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate your understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
- Appreciate how you personally can influence good standards within health safety and environment
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when changes to a generic assessment is required
- Understand the common hazards associated with working in this sector.
SPA Passport Renewal Course Content
Hazards on a Petrol Filling Station
- Types of hazards
- Fuel hazards
- Fuel properties
- Restricted areas on a petrol forecourt
- Hazardous areas
- Zone classification
- Delivery hazards
- Vapour recovery
- Customer hazards
- Other hazards
- Contractor hazards
Controlling Work on a Forecourt
- Safety method statements
- Clearance certificates
- Permits to work
- Task classification
SPA Safety Passport for Petrol Retail
Successfully completing all assessment papers will result in a SPA Petrol Safety Passport being issued. The passport is valid for 3 years and can be refreshed by attending this one day course anytime during the 6 months before the expiry date.