The IOSH Working Safely course is a basic introductory health and safety course, which will enable workers to ensure that their individual and collective actions contribute to health and safety in the workplace and that they understand their responsibilities.
About the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
IOSH is a respected institution. It is the largest health and safety membership organisation in the world. The organisation is dedicated and committed to creating a world of work which is safe, healthy and sustainable.
The IOSH Working Safely qualification is for all levels of personnel.
Attendees Will Learn
Learning outcomes upon successful completion of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Identify the hazards and evaluate risks in the workplace
- Use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions
- Assist managers in preparing written risk assessments
- Follow their organisation’s health and safety policy
- Co-operate and communicate on health and safety matters
- Carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others
- Report relevant accidents and incidents, monitor their own activities, and assist managers in active monitoring.
Examination and Assessment
The assessment procedure for this course consists of a short twenty-minute closed book ten question multiple-choice paper and a hazard spotting exercise.
Qualification and Certification
Yes. On successful completion of a short answer test the delegate will receive an accredited IOSH Working Safely certificate. The certificate will be forwarded by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health at a later date.
Alternative and Flexible Study Options
This course is available in both face-to-face classroom environment and e-learning. If you would prefer to study online in the comfort of your own home or workplace please consider the e-learning version of the IOSH Working Safely which starts from only £95.00 + VAT per delegate.
If you would like to study further we recommend the IOSH Managing Safely qualification. The training is suitable for supervisors and managers who are responsible for others in the workplace. The qualification will introduce you to risk assessments, it is four days in duration and it can be studied in a classroom setting or via e-leaning.