IOSH Working Safely Course
The IOSH Working Safely course is a basic introductory health and safety course, which will enable workers to ensure that their individual and collective actions contribute to safety in the workplace and that they understand their responsibilities. This nationally recognised qualification is 1-day in duration and is for all levels of personnel.
Can I Attend During COVID-19 / Lockdown?
It is still possible to attend the IOSH Working Safely course in a traditional classroom setting during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, it is also possible to attend the training via virtual learning if preferred. This study method involves studying at home or in the workplace using video technology assisted by a live tutor.
Benefits of the IOSH Training
Upon successful completion of the IOSH Working Safely training course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the hazards and evaluate risks in the workplace
- Use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions
- Assist managers in preparing written risk assessments
- Follow their organisation’s health and safety policy
- Co-operate and communicate on health and safety matters
- Carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others
- Report relevant accidents and incidents, monitor their own activities, and assist managers in active monitoring.
Important Update Regarding IOSH Certificates
IOSH have recently announced that they will not be providing a hardcopy certificate for classroom courses. Certificates will be issued in digital format only. If a hardcopy is required there will be an additional charge which will be at a discounted rate of £10 + VAT per certificate until 1st April 2021, the price will revert back to standard rate of £25 + VAT.