The IOSH Working Safely course is a basic introductory health and safety course, which will enable workers to ensure that their individual and collective actions contribute to safety in the workplace and that they understand their responsibilities. This nationally recognised qualification is 1-day in duration and is for all levels of personnel.
Benefits of the IOSH Training
Upon successful completion of the IOSH Working Safely training course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the hazards and evaluate risks in the workplace
- Use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions
- Assist managers in preparing written risk assessments
- Follow their organisation’s health and safety policy
- Co-operate and communicate on health and safety matters
- Carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others
- Report relevant accidents and incidents, monitor their own activities, and assist managers in active monitoring.
IOSH stands for the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health and is a respected institution. It is the largest health and safety membership organisation in the world. The organisation is dedicated and committed to creating a world of work which is safe, healthy and sustainable.
The assessment procedure for this training consists of a short twenty-minute closed book ten question multiple-choice paper and a hazard spotting exercise.
Yes. On successful completion of a short answer test the delegate will receive an accredited IOSH Working Safely certificate. The certificate will be forwarded by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health at a later date.
This basic IOSH Working Safely course is available in both face-to-face classroom environment and in e-learning format. If you would prefer to study online in the comfort of your own home or workplace please consider the IOSH Working Safely e-learning version which starts from only £95.00 + VAT per person.
Yes. If you would like to study further we recommend studying the IOSH Managing Safely qualification. The training course is suitable for supervisors and managers who are responsible for others in the workplace. The qualification will introduce you to risk assessments, it is four days in duration and it can be studied in a classroom setting or via e-leaning.