1 Day Health and Safety Awareness Course Overview
The CITB Site Safety Plus - 1 Day Health and Safety Awareness course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site.
What Does the CITB Course Provide?
The CITB Site Safety Plus 1 day health and safety awareness course provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employers duties are and what should be done if they think anyones health and safety is being put at risk.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the course are to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
To ensure that the end of the 1-Day Health and Safety Awareness course delegates will be able to:
- understand the need to prevent accidents
- have an understanding of health and safety law
- identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
Assessment & Examination
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course, as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
Further Studying and Progression
Upon successful completion of this course, a natural progression would be the SSSTS training course (two days). Existing site managers, agents, surveyors and persons holding positions of managerial control should attend the five-day SMSTS training course.