The 1 Day CITB Health and Safety Awareness course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site.
CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course
The Site Safety Plus 1 day CITB health and safety awareness course provides a practical summary of safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employers duties are and what should be done if they think anyones safety and health is being put at risk.
The aims and objectives of the CITB health and safety awareness course are to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
To ensure that the end of the CITB health and safety in construction course delegates will be able to:
- understand the need to prevent accidents
- have an understanding of the law
- identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
- Photographic I.D. is required for all delegates
- Written parental consent is required for all delegates under 18 years of age
- Failure to provide this on the first day of the course is likely to result in the delegate not being allowed to attend or complete the training.
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the safety awareness training, as well as being expected to be interactive during the health and safety course.
Further Studying and Progression
Upon successful completion of this health and safety in construction course, a natural progression would be the two-day SSSTS training (two days). Existing site managers, agents, surveyors and persons holding positions of managerial control should attend the five-day SMSTS training.
Yes. Full attendance throughout the duration of the training is required. All delegates must have a good understanding of written & spoken English. [Please note that translators are not permitted to attend].