IMPORTANT NOTICE: It’s Possible to Attend in ‘Virtual Trainer’ Format During COVID-19 Lockdown
Scheme Rules have been implemented by the CITB as a result of extraordinary circumstances impacting the regular provision of training to the construction industry. This measure is designed to maintain a level of training in the industry for existing Site Workers, ensuring a continued understanding of legislative changes and their impact on the workplace. During the COVID-19 lockdown the CITB 1-Day Health & Safety Awareness online course can be attended at home.
CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course
The 1 Day CITB Health and Safety Awareness course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site.
The Site Safety Plus 1 day CITB health and safety awareness course provides a practical summary of safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employers duties are and what should be done if they think anyones safety and health is being put at risk. Follow-on training includes the SSSTS and SMSTS qualification.
Course Dates and Venues
View hundreds of CITB Health and Safety Awareness course dates scheduled at training venues in most major towns and cities throughout the UK.
Aims & Objectives of the Training
The aims and objectives of the 1-Day CITB Health and Safety Awareness course are to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
To ensure that the end of the CITB health and safety in construction course delegates will be able to:
- understand the need to prevent accidents
- have an understanding of the law
- identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
- Photographic I.D. is required for all delegates
- Written parental consent is required for all delegates under 18 years of age
- Failure to provide this on the first day of the course is likely to result in the delegate not being allowed to attend or complete the training.
CITB Site Safety Plus Publication / Workbooks
All CITB Site Safety Plus courses advertised on our website include access to Construction Site Skills publications. Dependent on the accredited CITB training provider, delegates are given the option of taking away training materials in the following formats
- hard copy workbooks
- access to a materials online