SSSTS – Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme
The two-day SSSTS course is a CITB Site Safety Plus accredited Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme for the construction site supervisor. This site safety qualification is now a requirement set out by Build UK (previously known as UKCG) for all supervisors who will be working on their sites. It is endorsed as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites.
Construction skills and construction site safety need to go hand in hand and made a priority to encourage improved work skills and reduced accidents and injuries.
Not only is SSSTS training a must put in place by Build UK, it is also ideal for anyone looking to take on a supervisory role within the construction industry.
Please note that this course must not be confused with the SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) as the site management scheme is a more senior qualification with a duration of five-days.
SSSTS Course Content
The SSSTS course content will be on the importance of risk assessments in construction sectors. There is a focus on how to implement control measures on site and how to use communication to ensure the site remains safe for everyone. The CITB site supervision course content works on monitoring the control measures and work making sure that the work is carried out correctly and follows the advice and guides set out in the risk assessments.
The topics which are covered in the SSSTS course include:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act, Regulations and the Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes
- The H&S Legal System
- Causes, types and the numbers of construction accidents
- Risk Assessments in all manner of construction circumstances such as:, working at height, demolition, occupational health, fire, electricity, confined spaces and the control of contractors
The objectives of the SSSTS training will be to provide you with the skills required to identify problem areas found within construction industries. The training will help you to understand and appreciate proactive and reactive monitoring. It will teach you how to conduct a risk assessment and recognise the importance of method statements. How to have an understanding of the way the health and safety laws are structured. Finally, you will learn the skills needed to perform on site inductions, method statement briefs and conduct toolbox talks.
- Photographic I.D. is required for all delegates
- Written parental consent is required for all delegates under 18 years of age
- Failure to provide this on the first day of the course is likely to result in the delegate not being allowed to attend or complete the training.
Further Study Options
Successful candidates can go on to complete the 5 day SMSTS course (site management safety training scheme) designed for site managers and supervisors. Alternatively, you may also consider progressing onto the NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision.
Related Construction Articles
- learn the importance of risk assessments
- changes to the green card
- construction site safety management and the CDM regulations
- SSSTS and focus on scaffolding safety
- how to ensure site workers are safe in construction sites
- why site supervisor safety is so important in the workplace
- complying with regulations in construction
- construction health and safety regulations
- create consistent levels of safety on-site across multiple sites