What Does SSSTS Stand For?
SSSTS is an acronym which stands for Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme. We offer the SSSTS course online and in-person.
This 2-day CITB SSSTS course is a Site Safety Plus accredited qualification for construction site supervisors. We offer both the course both in person (classroom) and online (virtual classroom online).
This Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme is a requirement set out Build UK (previously known as UKCG) for all supervisors who will be working on their sites. The SSSTS training and qualification is endorsed as the standard for all supervisors working on Build UK sites.
Construction skills and construction safety need to go hand in hand and made a priority to encourage improved work skills and reduced accidents and injuries. Not only is SSSTS training a must put in place by Build UK, it is also ideal if you’re looking to take on a supervisory role within the construction industry and to increase your understanding of health and safety.
Who is the SSSTS Course Suitable For?
The CITB SSSTS course is designed for first line managers looking to continue or take on a supervisory role within the construction industry. The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme should be attended by construction workers and team leaders with supervisory responsibilities and therefore legal responsibilities.
What’s included in the SSSTS course?
The SSSTS course content focuses on the importance of risk assessments in construction sectors. It also focus on how to implement control measures on site and how to use communication to ensure a site will remain safe for everyone. The CITB SSSTS course content works on monitoring the control measures and making sure that the work is carried out correctly and follows the advice and guides set out in the risk assessments.
The topics covered in the SSSTS course include:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act, Regulations and the Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes
- The H&S Legal System
- Causes, types and the numbers of construction accidents
- Risk Assessments in all manner of construction circumstances such as:, working at height, demolition, occupational health, fire, electricity, confined spaces and the control of contractors
The SSSTS course provides you with the skills required to identify problem areas found within construction industries. It will help you to understand and appreciate proactive and reactive monitoring. It teaches you how to conduct risk assessments and recognise the importance of method statements. How to have an understanding of the way the health and safety laws are structured. Finally, you’ll learn the skills needed to perform on-site inductions, method statement briefs and conduct toolbox talks.
CITB Site Safety Plus Publications & Workbooks
All CITB SSSTS courses on our website include access to CITB Site Safety Plus Publications. Delegates are usually given the option of taking away training materials in the following formats:
- hard copy workbooks
- access to a materials online
Confirmation will be provided via the joining instructions issued following receipt of full payment. Please check at the time of booking as to whether or not current hard copy publications are included in the cost.
Comparing the SSSTS Course Online vs. In-Person
The SSSTS course is available in a traditional classroom setting. This in-person training is scheduled regularly in towns and cities throughout the UK. In-person SSSTS courses are delivered at dedicated training centres, hotels and other suitable venues. The course takes place over 2-days—approximately 15 hours of training. In person courses are generally more expensive than online courses due to venue hire, instructor travel costs and other associated costs.
The SSSTS online course format involves studying remotely over the internet using an up to date PC, laptop or other suitable device. Online studying takes place in your own home or at work and is led by a live instructor. The course takes place over 2-days—approximately 15 hours of training. The online course covers the same content as classroom training. Online courses are generally cheaper / more cost-effective due to zero venue costs, reduced instructor travel & expenses etc.
SSSTS Courses Near Me
We make it easy to book, find and compare SSSTS courses near you. You can attend SSSTS courses online or in a traditional classroom setting, they’re scheduled in most major towns and cities throughout the UK.
You must have a good understanding of written and spoken English. Translators are not permitted to attend. If you need to re-sit the exam must do so within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge. You will need Photographic I.D, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. Written parental consent is required if you are under 18 years of age.
Failure to provide the above on the first day of the training is likely to result in you not being allowed to attend or complete the qualification.
The SSSTS course is 2-days in duration.
CITB SSSTS Certification
If you successfully complete the Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme you’ll receive a CITB SSSTS certificate to prove that you’re able to help supervise in construction environments and have understanding when it comes to workplace safety.
Most Popular SSSTS Course Locations
- SSSTS course London
- SSSTS course Birmingham
- SSSTS course in Essex
- SSSTS course Cardiff
- SSSTS course Dartford
- SSSTS course Luton
- SSSTS course Greater Manchester
- SSSTS course Southampton
No prior studying is required to attend this course, however the 1-day CITB health and safety awareness course for site workers will provide a good foundation and understanding of health and safety on construction sites.
Successful candidates can go on to complete the 5-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS). The training is designed for site managers and supervisors. Alternatively, you may consider progressing onto the NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision.
Customer Feedback & Reviews
View customer feedback and reviews by individuals who have attended SSSTS courses in many locations throughout the UK.
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- CITB Site Safety Plus Publications
- Learn the importance of risk assessments with SSSTS
- Are your supervisors working without sufficient skills?
- Why supervisor safety is so important in the workplace
- Your passport to a better career as a supervisor
- Comparing the SSSTS & CCNSG Safety Passport
Can I Do the SSSTS Course Online?
Yes, you can do the SSSTS course online using a live instructor, we sometimes refer to this as ‘virtual online training’. You can also attend a SSSTS Refresher online, both of these courses are scheduled regularly just like in-person classroom courses. The SSSTS online course is delivered in an engaging format, to ensure that you acquire the relevant site supervisor safety training and knowledge. You can study online from anywhere as long as you have a reliable broadband internet connection and a suitable electronic device such as a modern PC or laptop that uses a microphone and webcam.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic SSSTS courses were delivered in-person in a traditional classroom setting due to the strict CITB examination conditions. The CITB has been forced to allow online studying during the lockdown periods and beyond, this ensures health and safety knowledge and qualifications of construction site supervisors are kept up to date.
Course Dates and Fees
What’s Included in the SSSTS Online Course?
It is permitted to deliver SSSTS training online via video technology solution using a live instructor/tutor. The online course follows the same curriculum as the classroom course and delivers the same standard of training meeting all scheme rules.
What’s Different About the Online Course?
- Minimum delegate numbers for the online course will be reduced to two.
- To manage the remote training effectively, the maximum number of delegates allowed to attend will be reduced to ten.
- To obtain site supervisor certification you must pass the relevant CITB examination.
- An alternative exam method will be in place.
- Identification will be checked prior to the exam commencing.
- During the examination, the trainer will invigilate a maximum of 5 delegates.
- You must show the invigilator that you are alone in the room and you must be visible via the video at all times.
What Remains the Same?
- The course duration is 2-days, however, due to the delivery by online learning the course may be split and completed over more than two days plus examination time.
- Delegates are required to attend and complete the full course duration to be eligible for certification.
- Attendees will need to show understanding of the main elements and pass the core exercises.
- You must not use any reference material until the last 10 minutes of the exam, which is the open book session.
- Passing the exam will qualify the individual for the CITB SSSTS certificate in construction site supervising which is then valid for five years.
- To obtain site supervisor certification you must pass the relevant CITB examination.