The SSSTS course is a CITB accredited Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme for the construction site supervisor. This site safety qualification is now a requirement set out by the major contractors group for all supervisors who will be working on their sites. Construction skills and construction site safety need to go hand in hand and made a priority to encourage improved work skills and reduced accidents and injuries. Not only is SSSTS training a must put in place by the MCG, it is also ideal for anyone looking to take on a supervisory role within the construction industry.
SSSTS Course Content
The main focus of the SSSTS course content will be on the importance of risk assessments in construction sectors. There is a focus on how to implement control measures on site and how to use communication to ensure the site remains safe for everyone. The SSSTS course content works on monitoring the control measures and work making sure that the work is carried out correctly and follows the advice and guides set out in the risk assessments.
Topics in the Course Syllabus
- The Health and Safety Acts, Regulations and the Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes
- The H&S Legal System
- Causes, types and the numbers of construction accidents
- Risk Assessments in all manner of construction circumstances such as:, working at height, demolition, occupational health, fire, electricity, confined spaces and the control of contractors
The SSSTS course will provide you with the skills to:
- Identify problem areas found within construction industries
- Understand and appreciate proactive and reactive monitoring
- How to conduct a risk assessment and recognise the importance of method statements
- Have an understanding of the way the health and safety laws are structured
- Learn the skills needed to perform on site inductions, method statement briefs and toolbox talk.
- Photographic I.D. is required for all delegates
- Written parental consent is required for all delegates under 18 years of age
- Failure to provide this on the first day of the course is likely to result in the delegate not being allowed to attend or complete the training.
The CITB SSSTS training course is designed for first line managers looking to continue or take on a supervisory role within construction. The training takes place over two days and will teach health and safety skills needed to maintain a safe site.
Assessment is continuous throughout the SSSTS training via individual and group exercises. Testing of the knowledge learned during the two days is in the form of a multiple choice examination at the end of the second day.
Delegates attending SSSTS training and who successfully complete will receive a CITB certificate to show that they are able to help supervise in construction environments and have understanding when it comes to workplace safety.
Successful candidates can go on to complete the 5 day SMSTS course designed for site managers and supervisors.
The certificate will expire after five years. Individuals who would like to renew their current CITB site supervisor certificate are required to attend one of our SSSTS Refresher courses, however if your current certificate has expired you will not be allowed to attend the refresher course, you will be required to attend the full two day course again.
Yes you can. The 2-day site supervisors safety course has a very high pass rate and if you are successful in completing the course you will be able to apply for SSSTS jobs which are advertised. Most construction companies and organisations now ask for the qualification as a pre-requisite when applying for site supervisor construction jobs.
Yes. Full attendance throughout the duration of the training is required. All delegates must have a good understanding of written & spoken English. [Please note that translators are not permitted to attend].