NEBOSH Diploma Course
The NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety has replaced the Diplomas Part 1 and 2 in line with revised ENTO standards. All aspects of the qualification have been improved to benefit delegates and employers. The management level health and safety qualification is designed for individuals who want to progress their career in safety and health and develop more in-depth knowledge and skills aiming to become safety practitioners.
What You Will Learn in the Classroom
After successfully completing the NEBOSH Diploma course the delegate will:
- GradIOSH designatory letters can be used after enrolment for a period of Initial Professional Development (IPD).
- CMIOSH chartered status is gained after successful completion of a minimum of 2 years Initial Professional Development (IPD) during which they will develop a skills based portfolio in OSH Practice and undertake a professional review interview with the Privy Council.
- Be able to provide detailed advice for safety issues in line with current legislation and HSE guidance.
- Be able to assist the organisation in continual health and safety management and control measures.
- Have a broad range of detailed knowledge and the application of key safety and health issues.
Online Study Option
- Envico offer the NEBOSH Diploma course online at healthandsafetycourse.co.uk. All you need is a recent handheld device, modern laptop or personal computer and access to reliable broadband internet. You can study online at home or at work at your own pace and convenience.
NEBOSH National Diploma In Occupational Health & Safety Course Content
The three units content is outlined below and these are accompanied with a common skills element:
- Communication Skills
- Training Skills
Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- A1 Principles of H&S management
- A2 Loss causation and incident investigation
- A3 Identifying hazards, assessing and evaluating risk
- A4 Risk control and emergency planning
- A5 Organisational factors
- A6 Human factors
- A7 Principles of health and safety law
- A8 Criminal law
- A9 Civil law
- A10 Measuring health and safety performance
Unit B: Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
- B1 General aspects of occupational health and hygiene
- B2 Principles of Toxicology and Epidemiology
- B3 Chemical Agents – Evaluating Risk
- B4 Hazardous Substances – Preventative and Protective Measures
- B5 Hazardous Substances – Monitoring and Maintenance of Control Measures
- B6 Biological Agents
- B7 Physical Agents (1) – Noise and Vibration
- B8 Physical Agents (2) – Radiation and Thermal environment
- B9 Psycho-social Agents
- B10 Ergonomic agents
Unit C: Workplace and Work Equipment
- C1 General workplace issues
- C2 Principles of fire and explosion
- C3 Workplace fire precautions
- C4 The storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances
- C5 Work equipment
- C6 Machinery safety
- C7 Mechanical handling
- C8 Electrical safety
- C9 Safety in construction and demolition
- C10 Environmental pollution and waste management
- It is balanced between exams and continual assessment.
- Assessments: 3 NEBOSH written assignments, 1 for each unit.
- 3 Exams: there is one 3-hour exam for each unit respectively