NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
The NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety course is a widely recognised qualification for general safety responsibilities. This nationally recognised health and safety certificate for managers is extremely well recognised and sought after by employers in the United Kingdom. The training and qualification gives employers peace-of-mind that they have a competent person in place to manage workplace safety on a daily basis.
This accredited NEBOSH General Certificate is for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists etc with health and safety responsibilities and who need a grounding and recognised qualification in occupational health and safety.
Delegates who attend this training will learn to:
- Understand the legal framework, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in safety and health within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health & safety audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and how to conduct a risk assessment, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
How is the Training Assessed
This career-enhancing qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials, creating an engaging experience. It provides knowledge you can put into action immediately, adding value to your organisation.
The updated course now consists of two assessments:
- Unit NG1 – examined by a formal two-hour written exam.
- Unit NG2 – a practical risk assessment, carried out at your workplace, to assess your ability to apply that knowledge. This is longer than the previous GC3 assessment.
Both assessments are marked by external examiners, appointed by NEBOSH and chosen for their experience and expertise. You will be assessed by the very best in the industry.
If you are thinking about undertaking the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification we recommend that you research the qualification prior to booking and paying for your course. The training is in-depth and requires your time, effort and willingness to successfully complete the course.
If candidates are successful in passing one or more units they will be awarded a NEBOSH certificate for each unit passed. Candidates who are successful in completing all three units will be given the overall qualification parchment (NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety).
It is recommended that delegates have previously attended, passed and hold a current IOSH Managing Safely qualification, however please note that it is not a pre-requisite to attend.
Alternative & More Flexible Study Options Available
If you would prefer to study in the comfort of your own home or workplace instead of a classroom setting, we offer the NEBOSH General Certificate E-learning. All you need is a personal computer with access to broadband internet to study online at your own pace and convenience.
Alternatively we offer the NEBOSH General Certificate Distance Learning. This is the cheapest option. Workbooks and training materials are delivered in the form of a ring-bound folder accompanied by a USB drive.
What to Consider Before You Book!
- is the training provider accredited to deliver the qualification?
- how often does the training provider cancel scheduled courses?
- what have other customers said?
- is the training delivered at a suitable venue and location?
- are the fees competitive?
- what’s included in the price?
Tips on How to Get Value for Money!
NEBOSH courses can be expensive and although the cost of a NEBOSH General Certificate should be factored into your decision-making, the quality of the training provider and the course should be considered. Like everything else, training fees and the quality of the course delivery may vary depending on which accredited training provider and instructor deliver it.
High quality NEBOSH training saves lives, so for the sake of your managers and the workers they are responsible for – it’s wise to consider the quality factors rather than just the cost.