NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
The NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety course is a widely recognised qualification for general safety responsibilities. This nationally recognised health and safety certificate for managers is extremely well recognised and sought after by employers in the United Kingdom. The qualification gives employers peace-of-mind that they have a competent person in place to manage workplace safety on a daily basis.
This accredited NEBOSH General Certificate is for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists etc with health and safety responsibilities and who need a grounding and recognised qualification in occupational health and safety.
NEBOSH Certificate Course Content
Delegates who attend this NEBOSH General Certificate will learn to:
- Understand the legal framework, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in safety and health within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health & safety audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and how to conduct a risk assessment, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
It is recommended that delegates have previously attended, passed and hold a current IOSH Managing Safely qualification, however please note that it is not a pre-requisite to attend.
How to Get Value for Money!
NEBOSH courses can be expensive and although the cost of a NEBOSH General Certificate should be factored into your decision-making, the quality of the training provider and the course should be considered. Like everything else, training fees and the quality of the course delivery may vary depending on which accredited training provider and instructor deliver it.
High quality NEBOSH training saves lives, so for the sake of your managers and the workers they are responsible for – it’s wise to consider the quality factors rather than just the cost.
What to Consider
- is the training provider accredited?
- what’s the instructor level of experience?
- how often does the training provider cancel their courses?
- what have others said about the course?
- is the training delivered at a suitable venue & location?
- what is the cost of the NEBOSH course?
- what is included in the price?
Related Occupational Health and Safety Articles
- controlling occupational risks with the NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH certification helps you get ahead – get on employers most wanted lists
- occupational heath and safety training courses
- how to become a health and safety officer
- how to conduct a risk assessment
- health and safety procedures – the biggest mistakes managers make
- managing noise in the workplace
- learn from home and in your own time
- training using online learning systems