NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
The NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety course is a widely recognised qualification for general health and safety responsibilities. This occupational health and safety certificate is extremely well recognised and sought after by employers in the United Kingdom. The qualification gives employers piece of mind that they have a competent person in place to manage workplace safety on a daily basis.
Who is the NEBOSH Certificate For?
This accredited NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists etc with health and safety responsibilities and who need a grounding and recognised qualification in occupational safety and health.
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
Attendees on the NEBOSH General Certificate course will learn to:
- Understand the legal framework, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in health and safety within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health & safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health & safety audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive H&S monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
The qualification is broken down in to three units:
NGC1 - Management of Health and Safety
GC2 - Controlling Workplace Hazards
GC3 - Practical Assessment
Assessment and Examinations
The first two units (NGC1 and GC2) of the course are assessed by a two-hour written exam under traditional examination conditions. The units each consist of ten questions which require short written answers in addition to one question which requires a far more lengthy answer. All questions on the exam papers are compulsory and therefore you must not leave any questions un-answered.
Practical Risk Assessment Assignment
The third and final unit of the exam (GC3) is assessed by a two-hour practical exam. The examination is conducted in the candidate's own workplace. Candidates are given 14 days in which to complete the practical assessment / assignment.
This paperwork is explained during the course by the tutor. It is the delegates responsibility to submit their assessment within the timescale, any assessments not returned by the deadline will result in the delegate failing the NEBOSH General Certificate course.
What if I Fail the Exam Units NGC1, GC2 or GC3?
If you fail any of the exam units you can re-sit the ones you fail, however please be advised that additional exam fees will apply.
When Will I Receive My NEBOSH Certificate?
The NEBOSH certificate is awarded after successful completion of the course. It is issued by the 'National Examination Board in Occupational Health and Safety' approximately 16 weeks after the last day of the course ending including exams.
Paying for Your Training
Payment for your NEBOSH course needs to be made in advance to secure your place in the classroom. Please note that late payment for these courses may be subject to a late booking fee due to exam registration close dates. Late exam registration fees are applied by the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health and not Envico®.
It is advisable to make payment for your course at the point of booking to prevent NEBOSH from applying this additional charge at a later stage.
Alternative and Flexible Study Options
If you would prefer to study in the comfort of your own home or workplace instead of a classroom setting, we offer the E-learning version of the course. All you need is a personal computer with access to broadband internet to study online at your own pace and convenience.
Alternatively we offer the Distance Learning version of the course. This is the cheapest option. Course materials are delivered in the form of a ring-bound folder accompanied by a USB drive.
Cost and Course Dates
NEBOSH General Certificate costs can be found along side the scheduled course dates within our website.
Quality Ratings & Customer Comments
Envico® is certified to ISO 9001 quality management standard. Our mission is to provide the most useful and consistently accurate online resource for researching, locating, comparing and booking the highest quality accredited health and safety training courses in the United Kingdom.
In our pursuit of quality and excellence we collect, manage and publish additional data throughout this website, which is designed to assist you in making the right decision when you book your NEBOSH NEBOSH General Certificate course or other. Examples of the additional information we manage and publish include:
- Training provider quality ratings
- Customer comments
- Additional Course Date Information
- Revision and Exam Dates
- Parking at Venues
- Lunch & Refreshments