SSSTS Refresher Course
The CITB SSSTS Refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two day CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme course within the last five years and can provide proof of successful attendance. Details of the training venue and the date of the course should also be provided if known. Only those individuals who have passed the two day course and provided evidence of this will be eligible to attend the refresher training.
The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme refresher training aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The SSSTS Refresher course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
Objectives of the Training
The aims and objectives of the refresher training is to raise awareness of current trends within the Health and Safety Executives direction of enforcement. Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation, health and safety, waste, environmental issues and measures that support the implementation of responsibilities under new legislation.
The SSSTS Refresher course content will teach individuals to:
- be aware of their responsibilities under health and safety welfare and environmental issues.
- be able to implement all relevant legislation which effects them as a supervisor.
- be more aware of their duties and responsibilities to manage their daily activities.
- Photographic I.D. is required for all delegates
- Written parental consent is required for all delegates under 18 years of age
- Failure to provide this on the first day of the course is likely to result in the delegate not being allowed to attend or complete the training.