NEBOSH International Certificate
The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) provides organisations with a global presence seeking to adopt an internationally recognised health and safety training programme. It is a unique international health and safety standard award. It has the same format and content as the NEBOSH General Certificate but focuses on internationally recognised safety standards and priorities (ILO/18001) and best practice in controlling hazards.
The training is aimed at non UK nationals, employees of large organisations operating outside the UK, or multinational companies already working to international standards but needing to adapt these to accord with local needs and practice. It has been designed for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists, worker representatives who have both general and specific safety and health responsibilities within their organisation.
Attendees Will Learn
- Understand best practice standards through HSG65, 18001, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in health and safety within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective health & safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health and safety audit.
- Understand the importance of a proactive and reactive safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimalise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
Qualification and Certification
On successful passing of the exams you will receive a NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety certificate. Certificates are issued by the examining body approximately 12 weeks after the last day of the course ending including exams.
If you would prefer to attend this course in the comfort of your own home or workplace take a look at the NEBOSH International General Certificate Distance Learning course.