NEBOSH International General Certificate Course
The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) provides organisations with a global presence seeking to adopt an internationally recognised health and safety training programme. It is a unique international health and safety standard award. It has the same format and content as the NEBOSH General Certificate but focuses on internationally recognised safety standards and priorities (ILO/18001) and best practice in controlling hazards.
The training is aimed at non UK nationals, employees of large organisations operating outside the UK, or multinational companies already working to international standards but needing to adapt these to accord with local needs and practice. It has been designed for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists, worker representatives who have both general and specific safety and health responsibilities within their organisation.
What Attendees Will Learn on the NEBOSH IGC
- Understand best practice standards through HSG65, 18001, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in health and safety within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective health & safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health and safety audit.
- Understand the importance of a proactive and reactive safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimalise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
NEBOSH IGC Certification
On successful passing of the exams you will receive a NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety certificate. Certificates are issued by the examining body approximately 12 weeks after the last day of the course ending including exams.
Online Study Option
- Envico offer the NEBOSH International General Certificate online course All you need is a recent handheld device, modern laptop or personal computer and access to reliable broadband internet. You can study online at home or at work at your own pace and convenience.
The updated NEBOSH International General Certificate course now consists of two assessments:
Assessed by a scenario based assessment completed at home. You have 24 hours to complete this. The NG1 exam is undertaken at home in what is called an “Open Book” exam. Exam papers will be sent at a notified time and you will then have 24 hours to complete and return them. The exam should only take a few hours to complete and the 24 hours is to meet the needs of all learners in different time zones around the world. The exam itself comprises scenario based questions, where you will be given a set scenario(s) and asked questions which test the knowledge you would have gained studying the course. You will be able to access books, but must document all the sources you reference. This is extremely important as NEBOSH will be using software to check that answers are not just copied from textbooks.
Assessed by a three hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)
Both assessments are marked by external examiners, appointed by the National Examination Board for Occupational Safety & Health (NEBOSH) and chosen for their experience and expertise.
If you are thinking about undertaking the NEBOSH International General Certificate we recommend that you research the qualification prior to booking and paying for your course. The training is in-depth and requires your time, effort and willingness to successfully complete the course.