IOSH Managing Safely Course
As a manager it is important to know your legal duties when it comes to health and safety management. You have a responsibility to ensure that the company policies and procedures are implemented and maintained. The IOSH Managing Safely course is a must for managers and supervisors.
One way to ensure your managers are competent is by sending them on this accredited IOSH Managing Safely course. This tutor-led training is ideal for any sector and is suitable for managers or those who are employed in supervisory positions. The training provides face to face learning which delivers knowledge in appreciating safety requirements. You will learn the skills necessary for reviewing personal departmental safety systems, how to introduce new safety control measures and how to bring in new changes which will improve the overall safety within your workplace.
Learn how to spot hazards
One of the most important skills that you will need to learn is how to spot hazards. Hazards are what cause the risks and risks are what can result in workplace injuries, accidents and even ill health. You will need to establish the risks within your organisation and find ways to work around them in a safe manner, or find solutions that will eliminate the risks entirely. This is why spotting hazards is so essential.
Learn how to conduct a risk assessment
As mentioned above one of the core elements within the IOSH Managing Safely course is learning how to spot hazards, however you will learn how to conduct a risk assessment. The risk assessment will highlight the hazards, describe who is at risk and what the risks are and from there you will describe the safety measures that must be followed in order to keep employees and possibly the public safe from harm. Possession of the IOSH Managing Safely certificate will prove that you are able to:
- Recognise hazards found in the workplace
- Produce and record basic risk assessments
- Recommend control measures as a result of the basic risk assessments
- Provide management practices and principles as part of a complete management strategy
- Plan, create and implement actions to meet health and safety objectives
- Recognise and account for the risks from ergonomic factors
- Investigate accidents and incidents which resulted in damage or injury to discover the causes and to ensure the appropriate steps are taken.
In order to pass the course you will need to successfully complete the assessments which involve:
- An objective test
- A practical assessment in the workplace (project)
Practical Assessment / IOSH Project
The objective test requires short answers and takes place during the training course. The IOSH project (practical hand written assessment) needs to be submitted at a later date to complete the training course. If you don’t hand in the project on time you will fail the course.
If you are successful in passing the course you will be awarded with a nationally recognised qualification and IOSH Managing Safely certificate issued by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
IOSH Managing Safely Online Study Option
Envico offer the IOSH Managing Safely online course. All you need is a recent handheld device, modern laptop or personal computer and access to reliable broadband internet. You can study online at home or at work at your own pace and convenience.
Important Update Regarding IOSH Certificates
- IOSH have recently announced that they will not be providing a hardcopy certificate for classroom courses. Certificates will be issued in digital format only. If a hardcopy is required there will be an additional charge which will be at a discounted rate of £25 + VAT.
Are there any requirements to attend?
- Although there are no prerequisites, prior learning is available in the form of IOSH Working Safely. The training is one day in duration and the working safely certificate is suitable for anyone requiring and introduction to health and safety in the workplace.
Can you recommend further studying?
- If you pass the training and decide that you would like to study further, the NEBOSH General Certificate would be the next step.