This course has been devised for fork-lift truck drivers working in the construction industry. Upon completion, learners will have achieved NVQ level 2. It’s a qualification that recognised across the industry as competency-based and dependable. With it, you’ll be able to demonstrate that you can drive a fork-lift truck to the standard expected by the industry.
Who is NVQ Level 2 Plant Operations Course For?
Workers looking to obtain a Blue CPCS Card, or Blue Competent Operator Card, will benefit from this course. It’ll provide practical guidance and instruction in how to drive a fork-lift truck, and it will assess the learner’s progress and ability in a professional environment. You’ll be able to learn as you work – but you’ll first need a position where you can drive a forklift truck. You’ll also need to be at least sixteen years old in order to be considered.
Like all construction NVQ courses, this one is divided into core components general to construction work, and more focussed modules which deal with forklift trucks in particular. The two mandatory core modules are:
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
For those following the fork-lift- truck pathway, there are also an additional five optional modules to pursue:
- Preparing and operating industrial forklift trucks to transfer and lift loads in the workplace
- Operating and preparing reach trucks to lift and transfer loads in the workplace
- Preparing and operating reach trucks to lift and transfer loads in the workplace
- Preparing and operating telescopic handlers to transfer and lift loads in the workplace
- Operating and preparing side-loader forklifts to lift and transfer loads in the workplace