This NVQ Level 3 Plastering Construction course has been devised to cater to plasterers. It’ll assess your ability to plaster over the duration, and it’ll provide a means of demonstrating your skill in plastering to would-be employers, clients and collaborators.
Who is this NVQ Level 3 Plastering Course For?
If you’re a plasterer working in the construction sector, and you’re looking to obtain either a Gold CSCS Card or Advanced Craft Card, then this NVQ 3 Plastering course will make a perfect match for you. In order to complete the course and qualification, you’ll need to be assessed in a working environment – and thus you’ll need to be currently working in a suitable position.
NVQ Level 3 Plastering Course Content
This NVQ 3 Plastering course is structured in much the same way as the other NVQs in Construction we offer. There is a core of mandatory modules, as well as several more particular to the plastering specialisation. The mandatory modules are as follows:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Maintaining and Developing Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
Particular to the ‘solid’ plastering pathway are two additional mandatory units:
- Producing Complex External Rendering Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Complex Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
In order to gain maximum credit toward the national vocational qualification, you’ll also have the opportunity to complete the following optional units:
- Installing Mechanically Fixed Plasterboard in the Workplace
- Running In situ Mouldings in the Workplace
- Installing Direct Bond Dry Linings in the Workplace
Finally, there are an additional two units which candidates might consider, if the required facilities are available:
- Producing Granolithic Paving Work in the Workplace
- Producing Specialised Plasterer’s Surfaces in the Workplace