Introduction to the SMSTS Training Course
The CITB SMSTS training course, or the Site Management Safety Training Scheme is a five day course provided by tutors to over ten thousand people each year. The SMSTS training course is ideal for those in any role of responsibility within the construction industry, or for anyone looking to become a site manager in the future. This course is strongly regarded as one of the best ones available and provides you with a thorough health and safety training background within the current legal guidelines.
Construction Site Management and Legal Responsibilities
Construction site managers and supervisors have a legal duty to ensure the health and safety of their fellow workers and the public. Not only are there laws and regulations to adhere to, there is a moral duty to do all that is possible to prevent accidents and injuries onsite. Therefore proper training is a necessity and a requirement. Attending the SMSTS course can show you comply with the laws and prepare you to manage a safe site at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions for the SMSTS
Before you book your SMSTS course with us please take a moment to read the answers to the frequently asked questions provided below. This will assist in helping you to make a more informed decision when you book your Site Management Safety Training Scheme. If you have any questions which have not been answered please feel free to call and speak to one of our representatives.
Who Should Attend the SMSTS Course?
- The SMSTS courses are suitable for a range of employees with resoponsibility for health and safety including Proprietors of Construction Companies, Project Managers, Site Managers and Site Supervisors.
Which Examination Body is the Qualification Accredited By?
- CITB Construction Skills
What Will I Learn on the SMSTS Training Course?
When studying the SMSTS course you will be taught how to work and manage following the regulations stipulated by the Health and Safety at Work Act. Some of the areas which are covered during the five day training course include:
- Risk Assessments
- Method Statements
- Confined Spaces
- Site Set Up
You will be required to attend all five days of the course in order to be awarded the qualification. During 5-day SMSTS training delegates will need to show understanding of the main elements and pass the core exercises. At the end of the training you will be required to sit a final examination, passing the exam will mean you qualify for the certificate which is then valid for five years.
Are there any Pre-requisites to Attend the SMSTS Course?
- No. If you are a supervisor you can complete the 2 day site supervisors safety training scheme (SSSTS) course designed for site supervisors.
Do your SMSTS Courses Include the Course Materials?
- All training materials and work books will be provided during the SMSTS course. Please enquire as to whether or not hard-copy work books or the online version will be issued to attendess at the end of the training.
When Will My Certificate Expire?
- After the five years it is necessary to return for a two day SMSTS Refresher course to make sure you are still up to date with the latest health and safety regulations. By passing and maintaining your SMSTS training you are able to prove that you are complying with the demands and laws regarding construction health and safety.
Will I Gain a Recognised Site Managers Qualification?
- Yes. The five day SMSTS courses are considered to be an indication of the competence of a Site Manger according to the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM).
Important Information You Need to Know
It must be stressed to all course attendees the need to attend all sessions since without full attendance the examining body will not award the CITB SMSTS training certificate.
© 2011 Copyright of ENVICO™
Find Courses Now
The next step..
Click here to find CITB SMSTS.
If you would like to discuss in-company training in more depth, please contact one of our representatives.
This five day site managers qualification is considered by most to be the industry's leading construction site management certificate. This along side the two day site supervisors course is our best selling course.
Possession of the SMSTS qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager. It is sought by thousands of individuals and organisations every year. This SMSTS course is not just suitable for the construction industry, it is suitable for any site based role which involves responsibility for health and safety.
If your organisation is a CITB levy payer you may be entitled to funding towards this course.