The CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety is an excellent course that has been designed to give directors and senior managers the skills they need in health and safety. The accredited training focuses on helping each candidate recognise the implications that come with failing to meet the health and safety laws be they financial, economic or human. The training course gives attendees a wealth of knowledge that can be used at senior management level within the construction industry.
CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety Course
Directors and senior managers have a legal responsibility to manage a safe and healthy work environment. By failing to comply with the laws they could face multiple serious issues including prosecution, fines, jail sentences and increased costs in the form of paying for additional staff, sick pay, compensation, further training and damages. This director’s health and safety course enforces the importance of working with the laws and complying with legislation.
- The moral and human costs that can be a result of decision making at boardroom level
- Unsafe working environment impactions on the economics of the business
- Risk assessments
- Competent person appointing and its limitations
- Knowledge on how to create a strong and responsive health and safety culture
- Legal responsibilities of health and safety
Assessment will be by an exam paper and a trainer review. The examination demonstrates to external
bodies that the certificate is only awarded to successful delegates following both an assessment and
At the end of the CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety course the directors and senior managers will walk away with a fully recognisable qualification from the construction industry training board (CITB).
- Photographic I.D. is required for all delegates
- Written parental consent is required for all delegates under 18 years of age
- Failure to provide this on the first day of the course is likely to result in the delegate not being allowed to attend or complete the training.
CITB Levy Payers