The Construction Design and Management Regulations are there to help you improve your health and safety; to ensure the right people are on site to manage the risks and to focus on effective planning. Being aware of what the regulations involve is a must for all those working in the construction industry that has responsibilities for the health and safety of the company or the site. Training in the form of a CDM course has to be undertaken to ensure the regulations are being followed to prevent dangers to workers and reduce the likelihood of being prosecuted by the HSE.
The CDM 2015 Awareness training course is aimed at all those who are working in the construction industry. It can help to ensure that the legal framework is understood and teach how that framework can be worked into the various activities that take place in the construction industry. The course is also perfect for those who wish to take their training further.
What is On the CDM Course?
Those who decide to attend the overview training will be given a good grounding in what the regulations involve. The course covers various elements such as:
- Understanding what the problems are when working in the construction industry
- Understanding the law, the CDM regulations and the Approved Code of Practice.
- How to asses if your own role is covered by the regulations
- How to choose contractors that are competent
- How to plan and complete the correct legal documents
- How to monitor contractors
- Reviewing jobs and projects and learning from the activities and approach that was taken
- Managing work on the site in accordance to the CDM regulations
What is the Next Step?
If you want to take the training further you can attend the CDM 2015 in Practice course. This involves teaching the responsibilities of the coordinator such as their procedures in co-operation and communication. Safety plans and risk assessments are also covered.
Both of these courses can be taken throughout the year at various training centres all over the UK. There are centres close to most towns and cities which makes it easier for all to get the training that is required when working in construction. Find a CDM course near you by calling 0844 576 6750.