What is Display Screen Equipment Assessment Workshop ?
Computer workstations or equipment can be associated with neck, shoulder, back or arm pain as well as with fatigue and eyestrain. The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 aims to protect the health of people who work with DSE by requiring that every employer perform a suitable and sufficient assessment of all workstations.
There is a requirement for DSE assessments anywhere where workers spend a significant amount of working time using display screen equipment, including those working from home.
Who is the DSE Assessment Workshop Course Suitable For?
This DSE Assessment Workshop course is suitable for managers, safety representatives or anyone with responsibilities relating to health and safety and carrying out ergonomic assessments.
What’s Included in the DSE Assessment Workshop Course?
This workshop covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of managing risks associated with DSE.
- Health problems associated with display screen equipment
- Overview of relevant legislation and principles of risk assessment
- Conducting display screen equipment assessments
- Components of a workstation / setting up a workstation (practical)
- Management of risks posed by display screen equipment including training, hardware and ergonomic measures to reduce and control risk
- Laptop and smart devices
- Practical display screen equipment assessments
This is a 1-day as a classroom course.
Certification and Assessment
You will be assessed by a summative assessment throughout the course. If you successfully complete the course you will receive a certificate of attendance which is valid for three years.