What is Internal Auditing?
To achieve or maintain ISO certification, it is critical to understand how well your management system and business processes are performing – to do this, internal auditing plays a large part.
More than this, when done well, internal audits are the key function to assist in identifying an organisations issues, threats and opportunities relating to business performance.
This Internal Auditing course has been developed by Andrew Protheroe (MSc, CMIOSH, FIIRSM, FInstLM, CQP MCQI), a Lead Auditor with over 8 years international experience, auditing major organisations to multiple ISO standards. These include:
- ISO 9001:2015 | Quality Management
- ISO 45001:2018 | Health and Safety Management
- ISO 14001:2015 | Environmental Management
- ISO 18788:2015 | Private Security Operations
- ISO 28000:2007 | Security (Supply Chain)
What’s included in the Internal Auditing Course?
This Internal Auditing training course is designed to be both ‘consultative’ and testing, meaning best practices will be shared and learning outcomes must be met.
- An understanding of 19011:2018 – ISO’s own guide to auditing management systems
- Introduction to Management Systems Standards (harmonised structure)
- Required auditing terms and definitions
- The role of an internal auditor
- Types of audit, risk based auditing and audit frequency
- Audit preparation, planning and writing checklists
- How to conduct the Audit: including interviewing, observation and document review
- Audit findings (categories)
- Audit reporting and follow-up, including how to conduct the Closing Meeting
- 1.5 days (approx)
- 3 hours pre-course self-study / pre-assessment
- 1 day Workshop (delivered via Zoom)
- 30 question written paper (28 required to pass)
- One-to-one professional discussion with tutor
- Training provider certified course
- Refresher training is recommended every 3-5 years.
Students Will Also Receive
- Access to a custom built Internal Auditing Sharepoint Site (requires a Microsoft Account) containing information and guidance
- A comprehensive Documented IMS (Integrated Management System) for the standards ISO14001:2015, ISO9001:2015 and ISO45001:2018 worth over £500.00
- Zip file with multiple policies, procedures & forms that can be tailored to your company
- 1 hour free consultancy with Andrew Protheroe via Zoom post course