What is the NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Building & CE?
This NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Building & CE has been designed with the construction industry in mind. It’ll assess a learner’s capabilities and allow them to present evidence of those abilities to prospective employers in the construction industry. It’s a practical course, through which the learner will be able to obtain their qualification in a working environment.
Who is the Level 4 Construction NVQ for?
This Level 4 NVQ Construction Site Supervision – Building & CE course has been designed to cater to Assistant Managers and Supervisors within the construction sector who are looking to obtain their Gold CSCS Card or Gold Supervisory Card. The practical nature of the course means that you’ll be assessed onsite, gaining a qualification while still continuing to work. You’ll therefore need to already hold an assistant manager or site supervisor position.
NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Building & CE Course Content
The NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Building & CE course is divided into several components. At the core are six modules common to every course of this type. These are mandatory:
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
Around them are another eight modules which you’ll need to progress along the ‘Building and Civil Engineering’ pathway. These are also mandatory:
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
Having completed the course, you’ll be able to progress further via the NVQ Level 6 Construction Site Management.