This NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Tunnelling is a course designed for workers in the construction industry. As well as providing a broad base of practical skills and knowledge for construction workers, it’ll provide a deeper exploration of the tunnelling roles. It is a practical course, designed to provide learners with the opportunity to learn from their job role.
Who is this NVQ 4 Tunnelling Course For?
This NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Tunnelling course has been designed to cater for Supervisors and Assistant managers working in the construction industry, specifically those who work in tunnelling roles. Attendees should be looking to work toward their Gold CSCS Card. Since you’ll need to complete the course while in-work, you’ll need to already hold a suitable position, which means that you’ll need to be at least sixteen years old.
NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision Course Content
The NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Tunnelling course is structured around six mandatory core components, common to every course we offer in Construction Site Supervision. These are:
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- From this base, you’ll be able to build into modules specific to the ‘tunnelling’ pathway. These are:
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Supervising Tunnelling Activities in the Workplace
Finally, there are six additional optional units, from which candidates must choose two.
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of Work in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Professional Development in the Workplace
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace