This NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Demolition qualification has been designed to cater for learners who work in demolition. It will assess a learner’s capabilities and provide evidence of those abilities to employers in the construction industry.
Who is this NVQ 4 Demolition Course For?
This NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Demolition course is designed with Construction Site Supervisors and Assistant Site Managers in mind. It will provide a route toward obtaining a Supervisors Gold CSCS Card. Learners will need to be at least sixteen years old. Since the course will be assessed based on real work in a professional environment, you’ll need to be employed in a suitable position to be considered. Before being authorised for enrolment, the learner will need to first engage in a formal discussion, and complete a questionnaire.
NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision Course Content
The NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Demolition course has a compulsory core, which is divided into six units. These are each essential to the successful completion of the course, and will provide managers with valuable skills. On top of this, there are four additional units particular to the demolition pathway. These are also mandatory.
Among the topics covered in the core of the NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision – Demolition course are:
- How demolition activities in the workplace should be planned and supervised.
- How plant, equipment and machinery should be allocated, and how its use should be monitored.
- How work should best be allocated, co-ordinated and monitored.
- How systems for Health, Safety, Welfare, and Environmental Protection in the workplace can be maintained.
Extra credit can be gleaned from optional units, which cover a range of topics including:
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Professional Development in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Once the course is completed, learners will be able to progress further via the NVQ Level 6 Construction Site Management in Demolition.