IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Course
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management course is aimed at those who have only recently become involved in environmental management or for whom environmental management is an integral part of a wide range of responsibilities. If you think this course is a little too basic for your level of experience or your role requires a more in depth qualification you may want to consider the IEMA Associate Certificate course.
Upon completion of this IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management course a candidate will be able to:
- Appreciate the background behind environmental issues
- Understand the ways in which an organisation impacts on the environment
- Appreciate how environmental issues evolve and identify why and how they can be incorporated into the management of an organisation
- Explain how legislation related to an organisation’s operations
- Outline the various means of assessing environmental performance
- Outline the ways in which an Environmental Management System operates
Qualification and Certification
Successful completion of the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management training course leads to Affiliate Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management (IEMA). The environmental management course assessment consists of a one-hour online assessment at the end of the course.
Related Environment Posts and Content
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management E-learning
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management e-learning course provides a solid foundation of environment and sustainability knowledge to build on, and covers a wide range of environment and sustainability principles. The environmental management certificate provides an excellent introduction to sustainability.
It is aimed at staff who have recently become involved in environmental management and teaches you how to effectively manage environmental impacts and reduce risk, improve resource efficiency and increase the positive impact on society and the environment.
Benefits of Achieving the Foundation Certificate
- Boost your career prospects
- Contribute fully to the environmental sustainability of your organisation
- Entitled to Associate membership of IEMA (AIEMA)
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management e-learning course covers:
- Implications of global trends for the environment, society, the economy and for organisations
- Sustainable business/governance principles
- Environmental Principles
- Major policy and legislation
- Major tools, techniques, systems and practices to improve sustainability performance
- The role of innovation in developing sustainable products, services and solutions
- Data collection, analysis and evaluation
- Research and planning for sustainable solutions
- Effective communications and feedback
- Stakeholder engagement
- Tools and techniques to identify opportunities and risks
- Environmental and sustainability performance improvement
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management e-learning course is assessed by a 1-hour multiple choice exam, which is completed online.
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 40 hours of study including online exams (can be completed in 2-6 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the IEMA study text to download for offline study
- Guaranteed Support