The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management course is aimed at those who have only recently become involved in environmental management or for whom environmental management is an integral part of a wide range of responsibilities. If you think this course is a little too basic for your level of experience or your role requires a more in depth qualification you may want to consider the IEMA Associate Certificate course.
Attendees Will Learn
Upon completion of this foundation qualification a candidate will be able to:
- Appreciate the background behind environmental issues
- Understand the ways in which an organisation impacts on the environment
- Appreciate how environmental issues evolve and identify why and how they can be incorporated into the management of an organisation
- Explain how legislation related to an organisation’s operations
- Outline the various means of assessing environmental performance
- Outline the ways in which an Environmental Management System operates
Qualification and Certification
Successful completion of the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management training course leads to Affiliate Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management (IEMA). The environmental management course assessment consists of the following two compulsory elements: – A written practical assignment is undertaken at the candidates place of work. This must be returned to the training centre within two weeks of the end of the week one of the course. – A two and a half hour open book examination is taken on the last day of the course.