How to Get the Most from Your Occupational Health and Safety Training
Ensuring that your employees, managers and supervisors have up to date health and safety training is absolutely essential. It will ensure that these workers have the awareness and knowledge to be safe in the workplace while they are carrying out their duties. The risks cannot be completely eliminated, but the better they are managed the safer the workplace will be.
When you are investing in health and safety training for your workplace, how can you make the most of the training. Here are some helpful tips that you can keep in mind:
Choose the Right Course for Your Needs
There are a lot of different health and safety training courses to choose from, so it is important to select the one that is appropriate for your particular needs. Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Which level of employee is the course designed for? For example, is it suited to managers, team leaders, site supervisors or front-line employees?
- How is the course offered? Is it available online or in a classroom setting? Which option is best for you?
- Does the course address the specific needs of your industry, whether it is a construction focused course or one that is related to excavation and demolition?
- Is the course offered at a time that is convenient for you? Does the schedule of the course work around yours?
- Does the course offer a qualification that is recognised by an official health and safety body?
Ask these questions when you are choosing your health and safety course, so that you can select the right training program for your specific needs.
Follow Up on Training in the Workplace
After your employees have received their training, it is important to also follow it up afterward. Hold regular meetings about safety and health so that you can discuss how best to deal with it in the workplace. These meetings can help you to check in on the state of health and safety in your workplace and see how employees are managing it. If there are any issues, encourage your staff to bring them up with you so that they can be resolved.
If this approach is taken, health and safety will not be a “one time” thing – it will be an ongoing process that will be a lot more helpful and effective.
These are just a few of the ways that you can make the most out of your health and safety training. If you train your employees the right way and follow up with an ongoing dedication to safety in the workplace, you will be able to keep your employees safe from harm. For more information about the high quality courses that we have to offer, feel free to contact us at any time.