IOSH Managing Safely in Construction Course
The IOSH Managing Safely in Construction course is for Managers and senior site staff who are required to manage efficiently and effectively in compliance with both the organisations safety policy and current health and safety legislation.
The IOSH Managing Safely in Construction course is usually only available in the form of on-site training at you premises. If you have multiple employees requiring certification please call 0808 1966 830 and speak to Simon Wilson who will be happy to provide further information and a quotation.
IOSH Managing Safely in Construction Course Content
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and specific legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes, its impact on managerial responsibilities and sources of information, advice and guidance on compliance
- Distinguish between the studies and responsibilities of the employer and employee, client, contractor and sub contractor
- Be able to verify the competence of contractors and sub-contractors
- Have an understanding of risk assessment and risk control, risk rating systems identifying common and specific hazards relative to the industry
- Describe the concept of unsafe acts and unsafe conditions
- Be able to select workplace precautions relative to the hazards and record results of risk assessments and carry out reviews
- Understand the principles and statutory requirements of accident / incident investigation, reporting and recording
- Know the importance of continuous active monitoring
- Explain the importance of consultation with employees or their representatives and identify training needs.