IOSH Managing Safely in Construction Course
The IOSH Managing Safely in Construction course is for Managers and senior site staff who are required to manage efficiently and effectively in compliance with both the organisations safety policy and current health and safety legislation.
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and specific legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes, its impact on managerial responsibilities and sources of information, advice and guidance on compliance
- Distinguish between the studies and responsibilities of the employer and employee, client, contractor and sub contractor
- Be able to verify the competence of contractors and sub-contractors
- Have an understanding of risk assessment and risk control, risk rating systems identifying common and specific hazards relative to the industry
- Describe the concept of unsafe acts and unsafe conditions
- Be able to select workplace precautions relative to the hazards and record results of risk assessments and carry out reviews
- Understand the principles and statutory requirements of accident / incident investigation, reporting and recording
- Know the importance of continuous active monitoring
- Explain the importance of consultation with employees or their representatives and identify training needs.
Important Update Regarding IOSH Certificates
IOSH have recently announced that they will not be providing a hardcopy certificate for classroom courses. Certificates will be issued in digital format only. If a hardcopy is required there will be an additional charge which will be at a discounted rate of £10 + VAT per certificate until 1st April 2021, the price will revert back to standard rate of £25 + VAT.