NRSWA for Operatives Training Course
The New Roads and Street Works Act for Operatives course is also referred to as NRSWA. To gain accreditation to the standards laid down by City and Guilds in line with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 for excavation and reinstatement.
The New Roads and Street Works Act for Operatives training is suitable for any operatives involved in excavation and reinstatement on the public highway.
What are the Course Entry Requirements?
Some level of experience within the construction / civil engineering sectors is a pre-requisite for acceptance on to this roads and street works course. If you are unsure whether your current level of experience is suitable for entrance on to this course please call us and we will be happy to confirm.
What Will You Learn?
- Unit 001 – Location and avoidance of underground services
- Unit 002 – Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Unit 003 – Excavation in the highway. Specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Unit 004 – Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 005 – Reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base and road-base materials
- Unit 006 – Laying practices and reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials. Specification andtypes of materials.
- Unit 009 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
A very hands on practical course with in depth training accompanied with practical assessments.
Safety Equipment Required to Attend the Training
Because of the practical nature of the course, delegates will need the following personal protective equipment (PPE):
- Safety boots
- Ear defenders
- Waterproof clothing
- Fluorescent jacket