The New Roads and Street Works Act is also referred to as NRSWA. To gain accreditation to the standards laid down by City & Guilds in line with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 for excavation and reinstatement.
NRSWA for Supervisors Training
The New Roads and Street Works Act for Supervisors training course is suitable for any supervisor charged with the responsibility of over seeing excavation and reinstatement on the public highway.
What are the Course Entry Requirements?
Some level of experience within the construction / civil engineering sectors is a pre-requisite for acceptance on to this roads and street-works course. If you are unsure whether your current level of experience is suitable for entrance on to this course please call us and we will be happy to confirm.
NRSWA for Supervisors Course Content
- Unit 001 – Location and avoidance of underground services
- Unit 010 – Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding. Co-ordination procedures and code of practice.
- Unit 011 – Monitoring Excavation in the highway. Specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Unit 012 – Monitoring Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 013 – Monitoring Reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base and road-base materials
- Unit 014 – Monitoring Laying practices and reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials. Specification and types of materials.
- Unit 016 – Monitoring Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
Please note: Delegates attending the New Roads and Street Works Act for Supervisors training course will be required to write reports etc.