What is the Low Risk C&G Confined Space Rescue Course?
This C&G Confined Spaces Low Risk 6160-01 course is designed to reflect the national occupation standards for a low risk related confined space environment. It covers both Water and Non-Water industry areas.
This may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations or where the operative is working in or near water or where a Confined Space is subject to surface water flooding.
This may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling.
Who is the C&G Confined Spaces Low Risk 6160-01 Suitable For?
Anybody who will be working in a low risk environment and includes preparing to work safely, entering and exiting medium risk confined spaces safely, using equipment and tools safely, following procedures and dealing with emergencies. Delegates will complete a practical observation and short answer questions paper. Certificates are valid for 3 years
C&G Confined Spaces Low Risk 6160-01 Course Content
The aims of this C&G Confined Spaces Low Risk 6160-01 course are:
- Preparing to work safely in low risk confined spaces including equipment, authorisation & information, Communications, Safety Zone & monitoring equipment
- Enter & exit low risk confined spaces safely including monitoring equipment, access equipment, safety inspection, procedures, resolve problems & unsafe activities
- Use equipment & tools safely including checks, types of equipment & tools & after use checks
- Follow working procedures & work safely including communication methods, lone working procedures, safe working procedures, PPE, vigilance and documentation & reports
- Deal with emergencies including emergency exit procedures and recording & reporting
- Understand the principals of working in low risk confined spaces including health, safety & environmental legislation & regulations, types of places, workplace exposure limits & properties, limitations of monitoring equipment, types of emergencies, common causes, roles, job roles & injuries
- Understand protocols for working in low risk confined spaces including classifications, procedures & methods, reducing risk, communication methods, equipment checks, reporting systems & emergency reporting systems.
Examination and City & Guilds Certification
You will complete a practical observation and short answer questions paper. The C&G Confined Spaces High Risk 6160-03 certificate is valid for 3 years.