What are Online Instructor-Led Courses?
Online instructor-led training is education that is delivered remotely using web-conferencing tools e.g. broadband internet and a laptop, desktop computer or other suitable device. While online instructor-led training may be thought of as e-learning because it is delivered by electronic means, it is classified as instructor-led training because it is utilises a “live” instructor.
Instructor-led online courses have been implemented by the CITB, NEBOSH and IOSH as a result of extraordinary circumstances impacting the regular provision of training to the construction and related industries during COVID-19 and lockdown. These remote online learning measures are designed to maintain a level of training in industry for existing operators, supervisors, managers and other workers in positions of responsibility for health and safety, ensuring a continued understanding of legislative changes and their impact on the workplace.
Instructor-Led Online Courses Available
Construction Industry Training Board (CITB)
- CITB Health & Safety Awareness
- CITB SMSTS
- CITB SMSTS Refresher
- CITB SSSTS
- CITB SSSTS Refresher
- CITB Temporary Works Coordinator
- CITB Temporary Works Supervisor
Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
National Examination board for Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
Important: delegates must be able to read, write and understand English well to attend the course. Photographic ID and national insurance number must be provided on the first day of the course.
Instructor-Led Online Course Information & Requirements
- To attend the course delegates must have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone that uses a microphone and webcam.
- Connection quality is the responsibility of the delegate. If you have any issues connecting to zoom or other specified virtual meeting platform please visit their System Requirements.
- You will be required to login before the course start time, late arrivals may not be able to attend.
- You will be asked to present your photographic ID over webcam on the course.
- If the course involves an examination the training provider will contact you to arrange your exam time which is delivered the day after the course.
What is E-learning?
E-learning courses, also referred to as “online”, “digital”, or “on-demand” training, is training that is delivered by electronic means. E-Learning may consist of a snippet of content, a module, a chapter, a course, or a program, that is completed entirely online. Most e-learning includes a remote environment that allows course attendees to complete hands-on exercises/activities.
The fundamental difference between e-learning and instructor-led online training is simply that the online instructor-led courses are led by a live instructor and e-learning courses are not. E-learning conveniently allows you to learn at your own pace and in your own time in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
E-learning Courses Available
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
- IOSH Managing Safely International