NEBOSH Certificate Management of Health & Wellbeing at Work
The NEBOSH Certificate in the Management of Health and Wellbeing at Work course is targeted at employees from all sectors who need to gain an understanding of the management of health and well-being at work.
Employee Absence and Related Costs
With employee absence costing business £17billion in 2009 organisations can benefit from staff taking this qualification. They will be better placed to manage difficult employee issues such as absenteeism and high staff turnover, staff physical and mental wellbeing resulting in significant cost savings. Healthy workers can be almost 3 times more productive than their unhealthy colleagues – Research commissioned by Medibank Private (2005). An average direct cost of absence was £595 per employee i.e. salary costs of absentees, costs for replacements and time lost in service or production in 2009 setting a new record high, 12% higher than previous, the indirect cost was £465. Loss of productivity, cost of sick pay and staff cover are the biggest costs of absence. Research has proven that proactive attendance management practices help reduce absence levels with the role of line managers being crucial in helping to manage absence and improve attendance
Research taken from CBI “On the path to recovery: Absence and workplace health survey 2010”
What You’ll Learn During the NEBOSH Training
After successfully completing the NEBOSH Certificate in the Management of Health and Wellbeing at Work course the delegate will be better able to:
- Outline the scope and nature of health and well-being at work Explain the benefits of maintaining and promoting health of the working population
- Outline the principle legal framework for regulations
- Describe the role of effective management in the workplace health and the effects of health on work
- Outline the role of pre-employment screening, fitness to work standards and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Outline the potential impact of substance misuse in the workplace
- Outline positive benefits of work on health Explain how patterns of work can affect health and what control measures can be adopted
- Describe what may constitute a healthy working environment
- Identify the main causes and types of sickness absence within organisations
- Explain the use and benefits of sickness absence recording and monitoring
- Outline the role and responsibilities of the health professionals, line-managers, human resources and the employee in the management of absence.
NEBOSH Qualification and Certification
Delegates are awarded the NEBOSH Certificate in the Management of Health and Wellbeing at Work on successful completion of a 2-hour written paper and practical assessment.