NEBOSH HSE Certificate in H&S Leadership Excellence
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence course is a new, one-day qualification to help leaders better influence health and safety performance. Developed in partnership with Great Britain’s regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The NEBOSH Certificate-level qualification has been designed to help you become a better influencer of health and safety in your business.
Who is the Health and Safety Leadership Training For?
Employers will gain a number of benefits from giving their business leaders the opportunity to take this qualification including:
- Leadership that reflects the Health and Safety Executive’s model of effective health & safety leadership
- Health and safety will be factored into business decisions in the future
- Leaders who recognise how their own behaviours impact on health and safety culture
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in H&S Leadership Excellence Course Content
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence training course content will cover the following:
- What health and safety leadership means
- The moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership
- The links between health and safety leadership and culture
- What the different leadership styles are
- How human failures can impact performance and culture
- The HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership
- How leaders can build effective relationships with the workforce
The assessment of the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence course will be in the form of reflective statements undertaken throughout the course. These show how the student’s knowledge, skill and behaviours may have both positive and negative effects on health and safety performance in their organisation. Students will also need to make a commitment to a leadership intervention that will improve health and safety management within their sphere of influence at work.
There are no specific entry requirements, but it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Related Posts and Content
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in H&S Leadership Excellence E-learning
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence e-learning course aims to provide holders with the knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety Leadership to ensure that they can contribute to the effective management of the organisations overall performance. The training course enables effective safety management and performance improvement.
Jointly developed by NEBOSH and Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), this qualification is suitable for leaders and aspiring leaders who want to gain a core understanding of how their behaviours and responsibilities directly impact on health and safety management.
What are the Benefits of Achieving the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Leadership Excellence?
- Designed specifically for managers and leaders in all organisations
- Boost your career prospects, NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally
Online Course Content
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence qualification consists of one Unit which must be completed to gain the qualification. The course comprises three elements:
- The foundations of health & safety leadership
- Human failure and decision making
- The business benefits of health and safety leadership (including the moral, legal and financial arguments)
- The effects of good health and safety leadership of safety culture
- Human failures
- The HSE’s ‘Make it happen’ model
- Decision making processes including mental short cuts and perception biases
- Leadership styles
- The HSE’s five leadership values
- Building relationships with the workforce
The course is assessed by an on the day assessment which includes a leadership intervention that the Learner is planning to undertake.
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in H&S Leadership Excellence Online
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 15 hours of study including the Online Assessment (can be completed in 1-3 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Assessment completed at your home and workplace
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the NEBOSH study text to download for offline study
- Guaranteed Support
How long does the Course take?
The course is delivered over 1 day and Online takes around 15 hours to complete
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this course
Can I do the exams online?
The assessment can be completed online, there is no need to attend an exam centre.