NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence course is a new, one-day qualification to help leaders better influence health and safety performance. Developed in partnership with Great Britain’s regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The NEBOSH Certificate-level qualification has been designed to help you become a better influencer of health and safety in your business.
Who is the Training For?
Employers will gain a number of benefits from giving their business leaders the opportunity to take this qualification including:
- Leadership that reflects the Health and Safety Executive’s model of effective health & safety leadership
- Health and safety will be factored into business decisions in the future
- Leaders who recognise how their own behaviours impact on health and safety culture
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence training course content will cover the following:
- What health and safety leadership means
- The moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership
- The links between health and safety leadership and culture
- What the different leadership styles are
- How human failures can impact performance and culture
- The HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership
- How leaders can build effective relationships with the workforce
The assessment of the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence course will be in the form of reflective statements undertaken throughout the course. These show how the student’s knowledge, skill and behaviours may have both positive and negative effects on health and safety performance in their organisation. Students will also need to make a commitment to a leadership intervention that will improve health and safety management within their sphere of influence at work.
There are no specific entry requirements, but it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.