What is the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management Course?
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management course provides the knowledge and understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) to ensure holders of this certificate can contribute to the effective management of process safety risks. The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management helps improve PSM in higher risk industries.
Developed by NEBOSH in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) – the UK’s Health & Safety Regulator, this course is suitable for people all around the world who work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, pharmaceuticals and food etc. Given the hazardous nature of these industries, this qualification has been designed to give specialist knowledge and understanding to managers, supervisors and safety professionals.
Benefits of achieving the NEBOSH Process Safety Management Certificate
- Enables holders to recognise and contribute to the control of process safety hazards
- Boost your career prospects, NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally
What’s Included in the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management Course?
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management qualification consists of one unit with four elements:
- Process Safety Leadership
- Management of Process Risk
- Process Safety Hazard Control
- Fire Protection and Emergency Response
- Establishment of process management systems
- Asset management and maintenance strategies
- Safe start-up and shutdown of process plant
- Performance standards for safety critical systems and equipment
- Hazards and controls for:
- Chemical reactions
- Bulk storage of dangerous substances
- Fire and explosion
- Purpose and features of emergency plans
How is the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management course assessed?
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is assessed by a 90 minute exam consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions.
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management Online
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 48 hours of study + exam (can be completed in 2-6 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the NEBOSH study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- Guaranteed Support
What are the entry requirements for the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management course?
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is a technical qualification. There are no specific entry requirements but the course does assume a certain level of knowledge.
Health and Safety Knowledge Required
This course assumes those taking the course will have a good understanding of general health and safety. It is therefore highly recommended that students hold the NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent before studying the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management.