What is Leading with Environmental Sustainability by IEMA?
Leading with Environmental Sustainability is a powerful half-day course that will change the way you do business. It is designed to challenge leaders in organisations, senior executives, board members and investors; to formulate a strategic understanding of the risks and opportunities presented by a changing environment on their ability to do business.
The session also helps senior executives to understand their personal obligations to ensure the business remains compliant. The outcome of the session is a complete re-engineering of your strategic objectives.
Who is the IEMA Leading with Environmental Sustainability for?
The IEMA Leading with Environmental Sustainability course has been developed for the decision-makers of every organisation, regardless of sector specialism or previous experience of environmental issues. It is designed to give these individuals a comprehensive understanding of environmental sustainability, making their business more environmentally friendly and healthier.
What’s Included in the IEMA Leading with Environmental Sustainability Course?
Make a positive difference to your organisations environmental performance. The course covers what environmental sustainability means for the organisation.
Formulate Strategic Understanding
Develop your strategic understanding of the risks and opportunities presented by a changing environment on your ability to do business. The course asks if your organisations strategy is fit for purpose.
Understand your personal obligations to ensure the business remains compliant. The course covers the implications of complying with environmental law.
Re-engineering of your strategic objectives. The environmental training course opens up a discussion on how a new strategy should look.
Benefits for Employers
- Enhance your brand reputation and become a leader in sustainability
- Comprehend the rewards of sustainable business and begin to become recognised as a forward thinking environmentally friendly business.
Course Key Facts
- 4.5-6 hours (half-day)
There is no exam at the end of the course. Instead learners will be put through an end of course review to solidify and cement the knowledge presented throughout the course.
Upon finishing the course successful learners will be able to:
- Understand what environmental sustainability mean for the organisation ad how to use it effectively to enhance reputation
- Recognise whether their organisation’s strategy is environmentally friendly and/or sustainable
- Comprehend which organisations are leading with Environmental Sustainability and compare these companies to their own
- Understand the implications of complying with environmental law
- Recognise what a new environmentally sustainable strategy looks like
- Understand how you can future-proof your organisation
Course Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements. However, having a senior leadership position would allow the knowledge to impact your role, and implement changes within your organisation.