Many employees have more than one or two people that require the same training. If you have three or more staff you wish to send on a course, such as offered by NEBOSH or the IOSH it’s always worth considering the onsite training option as oppose to the alternative methods such as e-learning and attending a training centre. The benefits include reducing the cost, providing training in a short time frame and having the advantage of professionals ensuring your employees have health and safety skills.
Organising the training sessions is not difficult. You will need to consider which course you wish to send your employees on first of all and check to see if it can be taught onsite or in house. Some of the most popular courses to choose from include:
CCNSG Safety Passport – Helps contractors learn skills they need to manage the health and safety on site. It covers the basics and will help to ensure that proper training is provided to reduce the risks on site and keep employees safe. The course is also suitable to show you have provided basic training skills to show compliance with the law.
- First Aid at Work – This course is suitable for employees who have been given first aid duties in your workplace, such as Appointed Persons. The course is approved by the Health and Safety Executive and covers many vital areas including basic life support, recovery position, shock, heart attacks and unconscious causalities.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate – If you have several managers or supervisors, the construction certificate is ideal to provide in house. The course is suitable for anyone who has a say in the day-to-day work that occurs within your organisation and will provide lots of valuable information and training that will improve the health and safety on your sites.
- IOSH Working Safely – Occupational safety training is essential for all businesses. Working safely is suitable for all levels of personnel within your organisation, especially those that have not received any training in this area before, or have not been updated with current legislation and methods for several years.
You can book your in-house training simply by going online and contacting a training provider. They will give you the information you require and ensure they send the best tutors to come and educate your employees.
It’s possible to save money on courses, such as the ones provided by NEBOSH, by using on-site health and safety training courses.
Popular Health and Safety Courses
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- CITB Health and Safety Awareness
- SMSTS – Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- SSSTS – Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme