What is the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work Course?
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work course is an introductory qualification and will help improve the safety culture within your organisation, by equipping your workforce to identify and deal with hazards at work helping to reduce accidents and achieving cost savings for the business.
A Basic NEBOSH Qualification
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work training and qualification is designed to meet the needs of an international audience. The training course does not include any content on UK law. The multiple choice assessment is available in English, Arabic from late summer and Mandarin from later in the year. The qualification is an ideal first step towards other higher level NEBOSH qualifications including the NEBOSH International General Certificate Certificate (IGC) and NEBOSH General Certificate.
Basic Health & Safety Principles and Practices
This 3 day introductory level NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course covers the basic H&S principles and practices essential in the workplace. These include:
- Understanding risk assessments and control strategies
- Applying these control strategies to a number of common workplace hazards, including fire, electrical, transport and manual handling.
Can I Do the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work Course Online?
Yes, the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course is available online using a real live instructor. The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work online instructor-led course has been fully updated with a new look, a new specification and a realignment with the needs of the modern professional.
Course Dates and Fees
Who is the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work Online Instructor-led Course For?
This NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work online instructor-led course will be especially beneficial to managers, team leaders, supervisors and those that train workers. It can also be a great course for lone workers who will need to identify hazards and evaluate risks in a variety of working environments.
This course makes a great step for anyone who may want to build up their understanding of health and safety prior to taking a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
What’s Included in the NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Online Course?
Benefits of the Course
- Help to implement or maintain health and safety with an understanding of common workplace risks
- Understand why health and safety needs to be managed and how this can be done effectively
- Perform workplace inspections and evaluate risks
- Make recommendations for reducing risk and implementing further control measures
- Learn how to investigate incidents and learn from mistakes
- Why and how you manage health and safety – Understand why health and safety needs to be managed, ensuring that effective processes are in place
- Dealing with common workplace hazards – Inspecting the workplace, recognising hazards, evaluating risks, recommending further controls
- Stopping incidents and ill-health before they happen
- Learning from incidents – Understanding why incidents happen and how to investigate them
Certification and Assessment
This course has one assessment, HSA1, the aim of this assessment is to provide you with an opportunity to apply the knowledge and understanding that you have gained through your study of this course.
In this assessment you will be required to carry out a health and safety review of your workplace which considers how health and safety is currently managed, and how it can be managed better. Your assessment will also identify health and safety issues present in the workplace, and you will need to make judgements on how they are controlled and if the risk can be reduced.
The assessment should take you around 3 hours to complete.
Benefits for Employers
This course can help your staff to not only understand what health and safety hazards are in the workplace, but why it is important to manage health and safety, and the role that they play within the organisation. Being able to recognise common hazards and make suggestions for control measures that are appropriate to the nature of the hazard is an invaluable skill for any manager, team leader, supervisor or worker to have.
This course is an ideal first step for staff to develop knowledge of health and safety, and can help you to develop new health and safety managers from within your organisation.
The knowledge and skills developed during this course can make a difference when it comes to improving the safety of the workplace. Health and safety management reduces incidents, accidents, lost time and keep the organisation working safely and effectively.
NEBOSH HSW Fee
In-house Training Option
This course is also available on an in-house basis, if you have multiple members of staff to train this can be a convenient and effective option to develop your team. Please call 0808 1966 830 to discuss your requirements.
Study the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work Online
We are delighted to announce that our new dedicated e-learning and distance learning website is operational. You can continue to book e-learning courses right here if you wish, alternatively you can explore a better e-learning offering which includes more courses, more detailed listings including training provider details, try the website at envicourse.com – this link will take you directly to a list of NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work courses on the new website.
Who is the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work Course Suitable For?
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work online course covers the principles of health and safety rather than specific law, focusing on common workplace hazards and how to identify and control them. This qualification is particularly relevant for team leaders, supervisors, facilities managers and anyone wishing to ensure they work safely.
Courses and Fees
What’s Included in the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work E-learning?
Online / E-learning
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work e-learning course and qualification (HSW) provides the perfect introduction to individuals looking for a good understanding of workplace health and safety or who are looking to start a career in health and safety. The training provides the perfect introduction to health and safety in the workplace
Benefits of the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- Valued by employers – both in the UK and internationally
- Provides confidence to handle workplace hazards effectively
- Provides an excellent foundation for further NEBOSH qualifications
The online NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course consists of two Units which must be successfully completed within six months to achieve the qualification.
Unit HSW1: Workplace Safety Foundations
- The Foundations of Health and Safety
- The Responsibility for Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment and Control
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Work Equipment
- Transport Safety
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Working with Electricity
- Fire Safety
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Manual Handling and Repetitive Movement
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Hazardous Substances
- Hazards and Controls Associated with the Working Environment
Unit HSW2: Workplace Risk Assessment
Units HSW1 of the NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work is assessed by a one-hour multiple choice examination. Unit HSW2 is assessed by a one-hour work based risk assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 25 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 2-6 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
Benefits of E-learning
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests
- and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world