NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work In-person Course
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work course is an introductory qualification and will help improve the safety culture within your organisation, by equipping your workforce to identify and deal with hazards at work helping to reduce accidents and achieving cost savings for the business.
A Basic NEBOSH Qualification
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work training and qualification is designed to meet the needs of an international audience. The training course does not include any content on UK law. The multiple choice assessment is available in English, Arabic from late summer and Mandarin from later in the year. The qualification is an ideal first step towards other higher level NEBOSH qualifications including the NEBOSH International General Certificate Certificate (IGC) and NEBOSH National General Certificate.
Basic Health & Safety Principles and Practices
This 3 day introductory level NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course covers the basic H&S principles and practices essential in the workplace. These include:
- Understanding risk assessments and control strategies
- Applying these control strategies to a number of common workplace hazards, including fire, electrical, transport and manual handling.
Study the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work E-learning
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work e-learning course and qualification (HSW) provides the perfect introduction to individuals looking for a good understanding of workplace health and safety or who are looking to start a career in health and safety. The training provides the perfect introduction to health and safety in the workplace
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work online course covers the principles of health and safety rather than specific law, focusing on common workplace hazards and how to identify and control them. This qualification is particularly relevant for team leaders, supervisors, facilities managers and anyone wishing to ensure they work safely.
Benefits of the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work Qualification
- Valued by employers – both in the UK and internationally
- Provides confidence to handle workplace hazards effectively
- Provides an excellent foundation for further NEBOSH qualifications
Online Course Content
The online NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course consists of two Units which must be successfully completed within six months to achieve the qualification.
Unit HSW1: Workplace Safety Foundations
- The Foundations of Health and Safety
- The Responsibility for Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment and Control
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Work Equipment
- Transport Safety
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Working with Electricity
- Fire Safety
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Manual Handling and Repetitive Movement
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Hazardous Substances
- Hazards and Controls Associated with the Working Environment
Unit HSW2: Workplace Risk Assessment
Units HSW1 of the NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work is assessed by a one-hour multiple choice examination. Unit HSW2 is assessed by a one-hour work based risk assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
Exams are held throughout the year.
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 25 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 2-6 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
The Benefits of E-learning
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests
- and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world