NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
The NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management course builds on the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management and includes the following topics:
- Quantitive risk assessment applicable to environmental issues including consequence modelling
- Cost benefit analysis
- Environmental impact assessments and planning law
- Hazardous waste and treatment options including landfill design and management
- Waste Water Treatments
- Noise control and monitoring BS 4142
- Waste water treatment
- Air abatement technology
- Hazardous substances, COMAH and the packaging, labelling and transportation of dangerous goods
The NEBOSH Environmental Diploma assessment comprises of a written 3 hour examination paper. Candidates must also submit an environmental audit report. The assessments cover both IEMA Certificate and specialist Diploma topics.
Benefits of the NEBOSH National Environmental Diploma
At the end of the NEBOSH National Environmental Diploma course delegates will be able to:
- Outline risk assessment techniques that can be applied to environmental issues
- Outline the nature and causes of environmental noise and the principles of reduction and control
- Outline legal requirements that relate to environmental noise
- Describe the various stages in the waste water treatment process
- Outline the options for treating hazardous waste including landfill, incineration and composting
- Outline the main requirements of the COMAH and CHIP regulations, and the regulation that relate to the transportation of dangerous goods
- Outline the issues and controls associated with Landfill Management and Incineration
- Outline the main Environmental Planning Laws and the Environmental Impact Assessment (ElA) methodology
- State the issues associated with Environmental Pressure Groups
- Describe the methods and standards for environmental monitoring and analysis
What are the Entry Requirements for the NEBOSH National Environmental Diploma?
All delegates attending the NEBOSH National Environmental Diploma course must have previously attended the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or the NEBOSH National Environmental Certificate.
NEBOSH International Environmental Management Diploma Option
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Environmental Management is a useful qualification for those aiming to develop and implement effective environmental management systems within their organisations.
The qualification covers environmental management principles, multilateral treaties relating to environmental management and ways to prevent and control pollution. The syllabus is designed to provide learners with the relevant expertise wherever in the world they may be working, and to empower them to positively influence environmental management standards and practice at every organisational level.
Envico do not currently offer the international qualification via this website.
Other Environmental Awareness & Management Training Courses
- CIEH Introduction to Environmental Awareness
- IEMA Environmental Awareness
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- CITB SEATS – Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme
Related Posts and Content
NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management E-learning
The NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management e-learning course is respected by employers and is ideal for those wanting a high level career in Environmental Management, and for safety professionals looking to expand their knowledge and competence.
The NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management online course teaches how to develop and implement effective environmental management systems. It focuses on the main elements of UK and EC legislation for environmental protection and general principles of the management of environmental and pollution control.
Benefits of the NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
- Use the letters ‘EnvDipNEBOSH‘ after your name
- Entitled to Specialist membership of the IIRSM (SIIRSM)
- Meets the academic requirements for non-chartered membership of the CIWEM (MCIWEM)
The NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management is based on UK legislation and is made up of two units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the qualification:
Unit ED1: Controlling Environmental Aspects
- Key environmental cycles and the effects of human activity on the environment
- Environmental leadership
- Environmental management systems and emergency planning
- Environmental risk evaluation and control
- Environmental performance evaluation
- Waste management
- Managing emissions to the atmosphere
- Managing emissions to the water environment
- Control of environmental noise
- Hazardous substances and contaminated land
- Energy use
Unit NDEM2: Environmental Regulation
- Enforcement of environmental legislation
- Civil liability
- Pollution prevention and control legislation
AssessmentUnit ED1 of the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma is assessed by a three hour written exam. Unit ED1 Exams are held in January and July each year.
Unit NDEM2 is assessed by a work-based project and can be submitted in February, May, August or November each year.
- Available 24/7 worldwide
- Around 235 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 6-12 Months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the RRC study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- Guaranteed Support