At the top of everyone’s health and safety poster menu should be the ‘Health and Safety Law Poster’, which if you click on the link below will take you to the HSE website to show you what the current poster looks like and what the old one looks like. We thought this would be handy for you to know to prevent you from displaying an out-of-date poster, after all it is a legal requirement to display this in your office. Unfortunately, we can’t currently find a resource offering free health and safety law posters. Keep checking back here as that may change and if so, we’ll post it here!
Free Health and Safety Posters to Print for the Workplace
The HSE are providing businesses with free posters to download and print from the health and safety executive’s website. The posters cover workplace hazards, for example slips and trips. The reason that these posters are free is that this still accounts for a vast majority of workplace injuries. You can personalise these posters for your business by entering your company details on them. Free safety posters downloadable via the HSE’s website include:
- Slip risk poster – suitable for any industry
- Trip risk poster – suitable for any industry
- Construction – looking out for your colleagues
- Catering – food for thought
- Factory (manufacturing) – take some industrial action
- Retail – get a little retail therapy
- Health services – everyone’s a picture of health
Click on the following link to take a look at the free health and safety posters to print for the workplace:
- http://www.hse.gov.uk/watchyourstep/poster/index.htm – Sorry! this page on the HSE website is currently not working. When / if this HSE page becomes active again we will reactivate the link.
- Check out the HSE Resource: Free downloads
Please note: the downloadable free posters are in Adobe PDF format and therefore to download them you will require Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer.
Do you have to have a health and safety poster in your workplace?
Employers are required, by law, to either display the HSE-approved law poster or to provide each of their workers with the equivalent leaflet (available as a free download). The health and safety law poster products tell workers what they and their employers need to do in simple terms
Under what regulations should a health and safety poster be displayed?
The Health and Safety Information for Employees Regulations 1989 makes it a legal requirement for employers to display the current version of the HSE’s law poster in a prominent position in all business premises.