IOSH Directing Safely
The IOSH Directing Safely course is designed to train small to medium sized businesses that employ less than two hundred and fifty employees on the importance of health and safety to senior staff members. The participants will be provided with the necessary skills to put together a safety strategy and to understand their duty to all staff members.
This IOSH Directing Safely training is specifically designed for any senior staff members in any small to medium sized business including business owners, directors and managers. The course provides training on the importance of health and safety which assists with planning and management.
This IOSH course is outlined according to the following principles:
- Turnbull Report
- HSE Guidance
- The Institute of Directors and HSC – The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007
- Understanding H&S management and using good business sense.
- Making staff aware of the importance and how to reduce the risk of achieving the wrong results when it comes to injury or death of another staff member and understanding the prosecution of such a case.
- Complying with legislation to ensure that the health and safety is accurate and understanding the different Approved Codes of Practice, Acts and Regulations.
- Executing risk assessments in order to control risks to reduce the risk of injury with safe working methods.
- Understand the importance of training staff members on safety and health to ensure they work safely, improving work performance with minimal risks.
- How to measure the safety policies and their effectiveness along with monitoring and management thereof.
- Training on the use of targets, action plans, responsibility allocation and performance.
This is a one day course and offered throughout the year at various locations within the UK.
Important Update Regarding IOSH Certificates
IOSH have recently announced that they will not be providing a hardcopy certificate for classroom courses. Certificates will be issued in digital format only. If a hardcopy is required there will be an additional charge which will be at a discounted rate of £10 + VAT per certificate until 1st April 2021, the price will revert back to standard rate of £25 + VAT.