Introducing the Refresher Course in E-learning Format
The online IOSH Managing Safely Refresher e-learning course is aimed at managers and supervisors who have previously undertaken the full version of IOSH Managing Safely. It is IOSH’s view that it is best practice for IOSH Managing Safely certificate holders to renew their learning within a three year period, however this is not a pre-requisite to attend the course. The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course provides delegates with the latest best practice and legislation changes and ensures that their knowledge and best practice is completely up to date.
With effect from the 1st April 2017, IOSH certificates for all refresher courses will contain the word “refresher” within the course title.
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher e-learning course has eight interactive modules which include video introductions and an online video tutor, six modules are mandatory and two are optional.
Online Modules Included
- Introducing Managing Safely Refresher
- Identifying Hazards (Optional)
- Risk Assessment
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Risk Control
- Measuring Performance
- Your Responsibilities as a Manager
Protecting our Environment (Optional)
To be able to undertake the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher e-learning course candidates must have completed the full IOSH Managing Safely E-learning course within the last 3 years. Alternatively the full IOSH Managing Safely classroom version of the course. Proof will be required in the form of a photocopy or scan of their original certificate or their certificate issue number and date.
A period of 6 months is allowed for completion. Delegates who successfully complete the online assessment at the end of the course are awarded an IOSH certificate in Managing Safely.
How is the IOSH Training Delivered?
- The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is delivered and tested online via the internet.
Online Course Duration
- The course takes approximately 6 to 7 hours to complete and unlike the full IOSH Managing Safely course there is no requirement for a final written workplace project.
Minimum PC Requirements
- Internet Explorer v6 and Flash v8 or higher.
- It is also necessary to remove the Google toolbar
- Please note this course is compatible with MAC computers.