IOSH Safety for Senior Executives
The IOSH Safety for Senior Executives course is a one-day course designed for senior and top level managers who need to be aware of the moral, financial and legal implications of health and safety in the workplace.
What You’ll Learn During the Course
By the end of the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives course, delegates will:
- Appreciate the fact that health and safety is a main line management function, emanating from the top layers of management, and descending through the layers;
- Appreciate the financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions;
- Be aware of current legislation, in particular the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Other regulations relevant to their own workplace [including and appreciation of the way these statutes relate to one another];
- Be aware of the penalties which may be imposed should offences related to health and safety legislation occur, including the concept of corporate manslaughter;
- Be aware of the documentation and procedures an organisation is required to keep or carry out in order to satisfy legislation;
- Be aware of the root causes of accidents;
- Be aware of how the law is shifting in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk in terms of best current practice;
- Have a basic appreciation of the principles of risk assessment; and
- Appreciate the need to appoint competent persons to advise and carry out the health and safety function and the requirements of these professionals.
Important Update Regarding IOSH Certificates
IOSH have recently announced that they will not be providing a hardcopy certificate for classroom courses. Certificates will be issued in digital format only. If a hardcopy is required there will be an additional charge which will be at a discounted rate of £10 + VAT per certificate until 1st April 2021, the price will revert back to standard rate of £25 + VAT.