What is the Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management?
This IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management will give learners a broad understanding of the profession and provide the skills needed to complete complex, non-routine tasks within workplace and facilities management. It also provides learners with the full package of skills, knowledge and understanding at this level.
Who is the IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management Suitable For?
The IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management is suitable for professionals working at an operational management level, responsible for managing day-to-day operations either in-house or outsourced. It is also suitable for those aspiring to work in such a role that currently works within the profession. Completion of the qualification is the equivalent to a certificate in higher education (CertHE), Higher apprenticeship, and a higher national certificate (HNC)
What’s Included in the IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management?
You will be assigned a dedicated account manager who will be there to provide you with full support throughout the entire qualification. The account manager will book you in for your IWFM Zoom Induction. In the induction you will go through a detailed assessment plan which covers what has been agreed regarding when each assessment could take place and the length of time that will be allocated for each unit plus a detailed level of support will be discussed.
You will then be introduced to the first unit and be set your first draft unit assignment. Once completed, you will submit your draft assignment to the account manager, who will then book you in for your first professional discussion. The discussion will be recorded; your draft assignment will be analysed and full support of any corrective action, if any, will be given. You will also receive invaluable feedback from a professional IWFM marker, which you can incorporate into the final version of your assignment. You will then submit your final version to their account manager, to be put forward for marking by IWFM. At this point, your account manager will book you in for your next unit zoom induction.
This process will then be repeated for the units below, until your qualification is completed.
Candidates will complete the following units to make 48 credits. The unit titles are:
- FM4.01 – Overview of facilities management (6 credits)
- FM4.02 – Understanding facilities management strategy (3 credits)
- FM4.03 – Understanding people management in facilities management (8 credits)
- FM4.04 – Understanding facilities management support services operations (6 credits)
- FM4.05 – Managing health and safety in own area of facilities management (6 credits)
- FM4.10 – Understanding leadership and management in facilities management (6 credits)
- FM4.13 – Developing relationships with suppliers and specialists in facilities management (3 credits)
- FM4.17 – Understanding property, fabric and building services maintenance for facilities managers (8 credits)
- FM4.19 – Understanding sustainability and environmental issues and the impact of facilities management (3 credits)
This IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management course is structured to offer blended, tutor-led instruction and facilitation. Assessment tasks are there to ensure you can apply your knowledge when managing.
Leaners have a maximum of two years for completion. Typically, the qualification takes between 6 to 18 months to complete, depending upon the speed at which learners want to progress. Learners must demonstrate competence across all unit assessment criteria, and have their final assessment verified by IWFM within the two-year registration period.
Pre-requisites to Attend the IWFM Level 4 Diploma
There are no formal entry requirements.
Validity of Award
This qualification does not expire.