The NEBOSH General Certificate e-learning is for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists etc with health and safety responsibilities and who need a grounding and recognised qualification in occupational safety and health.
A Flexible Learning Solution
The NEBOSH General Certificate e-learning provides you with a flexible and easily accessible learning solution. You choose the time, place and pace of learning. You take control of your learning programme using the multimedia to fit your learning style and your NEBOSH qualification.
Attendees Will Learn
After successfully completing the course the manager will be better able to:
- Understand the legal framework, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in health and safety within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a H&S audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive safety monitoring measures.
- Identify general and specific hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents and incidents at work.
Qualification and Certification
Delegates are awarded the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety on successful completion of two 2-hour written papers: Management of Safety and Health, Controlling Hazards and a practical assessment.
Online Multimedia Features
There is access to a wide range of attractive online learning tools. Each module clearly defines its learning outcomes and you are able to move around the course at your choice rather than being restricted to page by page viewing. The diverse multimedia content develop your knowledge and understanding of the syllabus and help you pass the exam:
- Video with video tutor and audio clips
- Diagrams with “mouse over” explanations
- Large library of photos
- Interactive quizzes and tests with relevant feedback
- Bank of official past exam questions and answers
- Web links to relevant authoritative websites
- Grade book to record your progress: scores on tests
- Comprehensive glossary of useful terms
- Collaborative tools to discuss topics with delegates: forums, blogs email
The NEBOSH General Certificate e-learning course will be deployed via the company’s VLE (Virtual Learning System). The course materials will be supplemented by relevant multimedia (original work developed in-house), by interactions, by forums and by support staff. The materials will also include relevant and timely quizzes to provide you with and allow you to monitor your progress.
At various stages and more formally at the end of each module, you can complete a series of questions to demonstrate your competence. At the end of each module, your knowledge and understanding can be formally assessed using a series of multiple choice assessments. Questions can be randomly generated to provide greater assurance.
Important Exam Information
The NEBOSH e-learning course licence lasts for twelve months from the date of issue. Please note that NEBOSH exam fees are not included within the course price. Exams can not be attended online and therefore all delegates attending the course will be required to pay for examinations at a later date when ready. The exams will be held at a physical venue. Please contact Envico on 0844 5766750 for exam venues and dates.
If you would prefer to learn in a face-to-face environment please consider the classroom version of the NEBOSH General Certificate. It is available in most major towns and cities in the UK.
If you would like to study further we recommend the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. The National Diploma is designed for individuals who want to progress their career in safety and develop more in-depth knowledge and skills aiming to become health and safety practitioners.