NEBOSH General Certificate Virtual Training Provision
Due to extraordinary circumstances impacting the regular provision of health and safety training the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety course can now be studied in ‘virtual trainer’ format in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Using Video Technology
It is permitted to deliver the NEBOSH course remotely via video technology solution. The training will follow the same curriculum as the classroom course and deliver the same standard of training meeting all examination body rules. Minimum delegate numbers for the course may be reduced for the period the training provision is in place. To manage remote training effectively, the maximum number of delegates allowed may also be reduced.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE!
Each virtual NEBOSH General Certificate course listed on our website includes a location including town/city, county and postcode, however it is important to note that all virtual courses can be attended from anywhere and therefore please ignore the location information. Location data is currently a system requirement to publish virtual courses on our website. If these courses continue beyond the current COVID-19 lockdown our systems will be developed further.
The NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety course is a widely recognised qualification for general safety responsibilities. This nationally recognised health and safety certificate for managers is extremely well recognised and sought after by employers in the United Kingdom. The training and qualification gives employers peace-of-mind that they have a competent person in place to manage workplace safety on a daily basis.
This accredited NEBOSH General Certificate is for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists etc with health and safety responsibilities and who need a grounding and recognised qualification in occupational health and safety.
Delegates who attend this virtual training course will learn to:
- Understand the legal framework, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in safety and health within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health & safety audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and how to conduct a risk assessment, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
This career-enhancing qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials, creating an engaging experience. It provides knowledge you can put into action immediately, adding value to your organisation.
The updated course now consists of two assessments:
- Unit NG1 – examined by a formal two-hour written exam.
- Unit NG2 – a practical risk assessment, carried out at your workplace, to assess your ability to apply that knowledge. This is longer than the previous GC3 assessment.
Both assessments are marked by external examiners, appointed by NEBOSH and chosen for their experience and expertise. You will be assessed by the very best in the industry.
If you are thinking about undertaking the training we recommend that you research the qualification prior to booking and paying. The training is in-depth and requires your time, effort and willingness to successfully complete the course.
If candidates are successful in passing one or more units they will be awarded a NEBOSH certificate for each unit passed. Candidates who are successful in completing all three units will be given the overall qualification parchment (NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety).
It is recommended that delegates have previously attended, passed and hold a current IOSH Managing Safely qualification, however please note that it is not a pre-requisite to attend.
Alternative Study Options
If you would prefer to study in the comfort of your own home or workplace instead of a classroom setting, we offer the NEBOSH General Certificate E-learning. All you need is a personal computer with access to broadband internet to study online at your own pace and convenience.
Alternatively we offer the NEBOSH General Certificate Distance Learning. This is the cheapest option. Workbooks and training materials are delivered in the form of a ring-bound folder accompanied by a USB drive.
If you prefer to study in a traditional classroom setting please visit our NEBOSH General Certificate Classroom Learning page.