What is the NVQ Level 2 Trowel Course?
This NVQ Level 2 Trowel course will provide a solid skillset to workers in the construction industry. It’s particularly focussed on Trowel Occupations – without which the industry as we know it would cease to be. The NVQ is a widely-recognised and respected qualification, which can be used to demonstrate the competence and professionalism of the learner to would-be employers.
Construction workers on a path toward a Blue CSCS Card or a Skilled Worker Card make a good match for this NVQ Level 2 Trowel course. To be enrolled, you’ll need to be in full employment, and at least sixteen years old.
NVQ 2 Trowel Course Content
This NVQ follows the same structure as many others of this sort. You’ll find a core of mandatory modules, which provide essential skills common to a range of construction jobs. Then there are more specialised optional units, from which learners can gain additional credits. The mandatory units are:
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Handling, Storing and Moving Resources in the Workplace
- Setting Out Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
The optional units are:
- Erecting Thin Joint Masonry Structures
- Maintaining Tile Roofing and Slate
- Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes
- Installing Drainage
- Erecting Masonry Cladding
- Finishing and Placing Non-Specialist Concrete
- Maintaining and Repairing Masonry Structures
- Producing External Solid Render Finishes.